Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Granada?

(9 Posts)
SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 16-May-13 11:28:45

We are staying in a villa in a village near to Granada in July. Has anyone been to this area before? I just wondered what there was to do around? We will be hiring a car so we can go further afield, although I don't fancy any really long car journies. We would like to visit the coast too but I don't know where to go.

I have not been to Spain since I was a child so I am looking forward to it smile

HelloClouds Thu 16-May-13 19:02:45

The Alhambra in Granada!! Totally unmissable. But if you are going with small children be sure to book morning tickets (you can do this online here www.ticketmaster.es/nav/en/mucho_mas/granada/alhambra_y_generalife_09oz/alhambra_general/index.html ) as it gets incredibly hot after lunch! Book well in advance as it’s ultra popular in summer.
Also wandering round the village in the evenings trying all the tapas!
Will you have a pool?

Portofino Fri 17-May-13 08:32:56

2nd the Alhambra. And agree - do book in advance. Ronda is well worth a visit.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 17-May-13 11:02:58

Thanks, I will definitely book for Alhambra in the morning. Yes, we have a pool so will spend a fiar bit of time there. Looking forward to trying lots of good food and wine too wink

What's at Ronda Portofino?

lottysmum Fri 17-May-13 12:04:08

We stayed near Granada last year and agree with The Alhambra ...there is quite allot of riding in the area too and we did a lovely moonlight/sunset ride which was amazing with the mountains in the background.... dependent were you are the journey too the coast can be long but worth it.... we went to a few markets in the area which were good...but it will be very hot in July.... I think there are a couple of lakes (inland) where you can do watersport too...but we were there in May

Portofino Fri 17-May-13 13:32:54

Very pretty spanish town with a big gorge running through it. Stunning views etc. There is a nice moorish palace and a huge bull ring you can visit. Definitely worth a day out

Portofino Fri 17-May-13 13:35:01

Linky

Donki Fri 17-May-13 16:28:07

There is a nice castle at Salobreña - but check opening hours.
We loved Ronda too.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 20-May-13 12:27:41

Looks lovely, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: