Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Passport validity for trip to Corfu

(6 Posts)
CookieMonster Mon 22-May-06 12:21:14

I'm supposed to be going to Corfu on Friday and have just discovered that my passport runs out on July 24th.

My travel agent is telling me that it 'should be OK' because I am returning well before it expires but she is not filling me with confidence.

I have been trying to ring the Greek Embassy all morning but it is constantly engaged - does anybody know anything about this? Am beginning to feel a little bit panicky ...

southeastastra Mon 22-May-06 12:24:16

You've got until July 24th surely, then it runs out. The passport website is really good.

LIZS Mon 22-May-06 12:31:13

From Greek Embassy website :-

"British and all other EU passport holders travelling to Greece do not require a visa and these nationals may travel to Greece without a visa provided that the passport is valid for the intended period of stay in Greece.

Providing that the stay in Greece is for no more than 90 days, nationals of the following countries also do not, require a visa to enter or transit through Greece or transit through a Greek airport, providing also that the passport is valid for at least 3 months from the day of return from Greece.The list of countries is as follows:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Honduras, Hong Kong – blue and red passport holders, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Romania, South Korea, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, Uruguay, The Vatican and Venezuela. "

hth

CookieMonster Mon 22-May-06 12:36:38

Thanks LIZS ... yes I saw that on the Greek Embassy website and I think I'm misinterpreting the bit about 3 months validity after return. But that's only for citizens from that list of countries isn't it? I am covered by the first sentence, yes?

LIZS Mon 22-May-06 12:39:44

That is how I'd read it.

CookieMonster Mon 22-May-06 12:40:54

Yes, I'm sure it's fine ... I was having visions of dh and dd jetting off without me!

Thanks for your swift response

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: