Talk

Advanced search

Checked in luggage allowances

(11 Posts)
Polgara2 Sun 21-May-06 23:23:08

Probably a daft question but haven't flown with the children before. Can you add their baggage allowance to your own coz they won't be having their own cases will they? We fly Easyjet this week which has 20kg allowance per passenger. Can I pack my suitcase to cover both our allowances or will my suitcase be charged extra weight iyswim?

lou33 Sun 21-May-06 23:30:45

if they have their own paid for seat, they will have their own baggage allowance

if they are under 2, and sitting on your lap then i think they dont get a baggage allowance, and it would be included with yours

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 23:32:47

Message withdrawn

JanH Sun 21-May-06 23:48:09

Easyjet will require it to be per case/bag I'm pretty sure, and there is a max per bag of 30kg for the baggage handlers' benefit (never mind yours!).

So take 4 bags - a couple could be nylon stuff bags which are not heavy in themselves.

lou33 Mon 22-May-06 00:15:35

easyjet are shit then, lol

i havent used them since they first started up, i assumed they would follow the same sensible rules as other airlines

Californifrau Mon 22-May-06 02:49:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JanH Mon 22-May-06 11:51:11

flybe are good (-ish). There is a charge for checking hold baggage - £2/£2.50 if you do it in advance online, £4/£5 if you do it at the airport (they seem to have just changed the rates but the news hadn't filtered down to check-in staff when I went) - but their hold allowance is 25kg, and the cabin baggage allowance is 10kg + a laptop. (Mind you 10kg is bloody heavy if you carry it on your shoulder.)

hulababy Mon 22-May-06 11:53:44

We just work out our combined luggage allowance and pack accordingly. There is normally an upper limit for any one item - - about 30kg I think. But we never pack a case each, just one or two between the 3 of us.

Polgara2 Mon 22-May-06 11:56:46

Hmm maybe I'd better ring them ! Thanks all.

LIZS Mon 22-May-06 12:02:49

We combine ours into 2 ,perhaps 3, bags, and have flown on Easy jet with "heavy" bags (ie well over 20kg). Actually 20kg works out quite a lot anyway, you'd have to have some heavy books in there to seriously overdo it !

Polgara2 Mon 22-May-06 16:15:36

Thank you Lizs. You haven't seen my packing though have you .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: