Talk

Advanced search

Barcelona in four days

(6 Posts)
pinkbraces Wed 15-May-13 11:57:40

Im going to Barcelona with my 18 yr old DD, just the 2 of us, and we are both so excited.

She is an art student so can any of you kind people guide me as to what to do/see in four days.

Also if you know of any good restaurants - we are staying on Las Ramblas.

thanks

If she's an art student you have picked a brilliant city. You need to do Parc Guell and the Gaudi houses as a must. Can you hire a car? If you are in Catalonia it would be a shame not to take in the Dali museum in Figueres, its about an hour and a half away and well worth the trip. The jewellery display is amazing. Sagrada Famillia is amazing too and well worth the entry fee.

I would get off the Ramblas to eat as if you go up the side streets its better food for half the price. I would go to La Boqueria (sp?) market on the Ramblas too and stock up on goodies for a beach picnic.

The only thing in Barcelona that features on the tourist guides which I find overwhelming is Montjuic, I think you need to really love sport to get anything out of it.

I love Barcelona, I'll be there myself in 3 weeks smile

Sorry I meant overwhelming!

Bloody autocorrect - underwhelming!!!

WallyBantersYoniBox Wed 15-May-13 12:08:33

If the weather is nice, it's also great to wonder down to the beach, and visit one of the beachside cafes, or at the Marina. The tapas is quite reasonable in price and the fish is usually fresh and tasty.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 15-May-13 12:10:34

Park Guell is unmissable.

For food, stay off las ramblas - there's plenty of tapas restaurants about that are much nicer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now