Talk

Advanced search

Hotel room. for 5 needed in Majorca

(6 Posts)
daisychain76 Mon 13-May-13 23:35:09

Having real problems. finding a hotel room in Majorca that will sleep 2 adults, 2 children and aa baby. Preferably not self catering. Ideally want an airport transfer time of uunder an hour, but we are beginning to think it‘s impossible. Would be very grateful for any suggestion.

mummymeister Tue 14-May-13 11:02:23

we use the roomfor5 website and they do have properties abroad as well so a good place to start. Its really not easy though and gets much harder as they get older when the LO is no longer in a cot. we now have to do 2 rooms which makes it so much more expensive. good luck would also ring your local travel agent to see if they can give you ideas. its a real pain and tbh think you aren't going to be able to be too fussy about where it is as they are few and far between. may end up with a suite as your best option.

Fluffy1234 Tue 14-May-13 13:19:56

Check out the Iberostar website, they have hotel rooms and suites that sleep 5. I stayed at Iberostar Cala Barca last year in Majorca in a suite that slept 5.

purple15 Tue 14-May-13 14:52:49

Fluffy what was the cala barca like ? I have booked for july.

It is the first holiday we are holidaying abroad as a family the reason being that as a family of five we could never afford it. However, the eighteen year old is not coming with us this year, so we can afford the two adults and two children..

Over the years, we have all five of us been to France staying on Key camp, and Euro Camp Sites. They have lovely mobile homes. At an affordable price.

Fluffy1234 Tue 14-May-13 14:58:24

It's a nice resort with it's own beach down a hill. There are a couple of different restaurants that you don't need to book. I enjoyed the evenings as there was a lovely mix of nationalities and it was great
people watching( and drinking lots of the all inclusive Baileys). There was a parade of shops that made the resort feel like a little village. We only stayed for 4 days before a cruise but enjoyed the hotel and found it good value for money.

daisychain76 Tue 14-May-13 21:42:59

Thanks for the suggestions. In the end I booked the Sol Mirdos Tordos in Palma Nova. Don't think I will be venturing abroad much when LO is out of a cot and we need to pay for 2 rooms! I am very cross about booking.com (who I initially booked through) as their searches are very misleading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now