Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris

(9 Posts)
Billybob123 Mon 13-May-13 14:08:50

Apologies if this question has been asked before (did not spot it!), but we head off to Paris in about 4wks {4 kids, 2 parents and 2 GPs} and wish to visit DLP. We have no idea how many days to spend in the parks and are happy to do other things (been to France many times but never to DLP).
Everyone we ask says something different. Kids are 7, 8, 10 & 11. My gut feel is the kids will love it and the GPs will be tired and bored after 2 days.
So if anyone could help with the following three questions please:
1. How many days is it likely that the kids will need to see loads and really enjoy the Park without getting completely exhausted at a frantic pace?
2. What type of ticket should be go for {i.e. one park, hoppers, days or etc.}
2. Irrespective of how many days we go for, where / how would you recommend we source the tickets?
Sorry!!!
Thanks,
Tony

sweetestcup Mon 13-May-13 21:56:22

We only had a day there (on the way back from South of France), personally 1 more day would have been ideal for us. A hopper ticket gets you both parks which we enjoyed. It just depends on your own family, any more than 2 days and I think we would have had enough. We bought our tickets from the Disney shop before we go, as far as I'm aware the tickets are pretty much the same regardless of where you buy them, although you can get deals if you are booking the Disney hotels to. We didnt, as we stayed at Explorers.

Billybob123 Tue 14-May-13 11:54:44

Thank you for this, it was helpful. There is a ticket offer on at the moment which is 4 days for the price of 3 and the price of this is little more than two two day tickets and so may just go with that. Should we pay extra for some sort of 'fast track' if that is possible?

cathers Tue 14-May-13 14:12:59

I think 3 full days is a good amount of time to do both Disneyland parks at a sensible pace. 4 days would give you a bit of breathing space to repeat faves etc.we have always bought the tickets as part of a Disney hotel package.

Billybob123 Tue 14-May-13 14:20:47

Thank you - really appreciate the comment, it all helps

Episode Tue 14-May-13 14:27:13

One day on each side but in all honestly your kids may be a bit old for the majority of the rides on the park side and actually the park side is quite small so def do not do three days! Make sure you stay till 8pm on your second day for the closing show. By far the best bit!

Billybob123 Tue 14-May-13 14:50:54

Again, really appreciate all the comments. THANK YOU

Growlithe Tue 14-May-13 14:58:53

You don't pay for Fastpass at Disney. They have ticket machines on the more popular rides, and you put your entrance ticket in and it gives you a ticket to come back to the ride at a certain time (half hour period). You can only hold one of these at any given time though.

There are lots of shows and cimema stuff to enjoy too. Make sure the GPs see 'Cimemagique' in the Studios, they will love it. smile

Billybob123 Tue 14-May-13 15:19:30

Apologies for boring everone with the thanks, but I do mean it. I am clueless and it all helps!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now