Talk

Advanced search

recommend me a hotel in Venice please

(8 Posts)
headintheclouds Sat 11-May-13 12:43:18

we are going to Venice in November to celebrate my 50th. Have never been before and wondered if anyone could recommend a nice ,boutiquey style hotel.. Have done a bit of research and I know they can be hundreds of pounds down to pretty low budget. Going for 3 nights and can go to about £200 per night...

gruffalocake Sat 11-May-13 12:49:27

I love hotel buccintoro. It is probably in budget. Just out of the tourist got spot of st marks so quiet and bear to a lovely park but right on the grand canal. We got the cheapest room and ha to windows with amazing views over the canal and across to guidecca. It's situation means you feel more spacey and less enclosed but 2 minutes walk to the centre. It's done out like rooms on a yacht. Fab big shower and lovely fluffy robes etc. it's one downside is that it doesn't have a full restaurant so oby does breakfast and snacks. But the concierge showed us a fab restaurant a couple of doors down were we could sit out by the water and the food was fab and cheap for Venice/ normal prices!

Roshbegosh Sat 11-May-13 12:51:34

Sounds good, do the gondoliers go past singing oh sole mio all night? That happened to us and it was funny at first but soon got annoying

gruffalocake Sat 11-May-13 12:56:28

Www.hotelbucintoro.com ....sorry for typos I'm on phone smile

LIZS Sat 11-May-13 13:04:45

We stayed here . Breakfast on the terrace was lovely .

gruffalocake Sat 11-May-13 13:27:53

No singing gondoliers! A few amazing private yachts though

Grannylipstick Sun 12-May-13 20:50:16

La Luna baglioni. It's just behind st marks square. Superb

headintheclouds Sun 12-May-13 23:48:42

thanks all for your replies..Im going to enjoy looking..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now