Advanced search

Passport help please!

(6 Posts)

My passport runs out in September, I am getting married in November and we plan to go on honeymoon a few days after the wedding. I don't know how to figure out booking a holiday when I will have a different name on my passport when I travel. Do I have to use my (future) married name to book the holiday? Or will I have to travel on a passport with my maiden name on it? I am so confused!

peppapigmustdie Fri 10-May-13 16:57:26

Apply for the passport two months before the wedding you can get a form from the post office for the minister or registrar to fill in confirming the upcoming marriage.
So you can book in your married. name

Thanks smile You don't need a current passport to book a holiday then?

BlingLoving Fri 10-May-13 17:09:40

Bullet - you do not need a current passport to book a holiday, no.

However, if you are going to change your name on your new passport, you will need to make the bookings for flights and other transport in your married name. Bear this in mind if you need to use your passport for anything between September and November.

Thank you smile

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 11-May-13 10:30:10

Book honeymoon etc in maiden change all details when you get back is the other option.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: