Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of holidaying alone, where should I go?

(4 Posts)
IAmOptimusPrime Thu 09-May-13 21:07:47

My ex has our dc for a week in August and I'm thinking of going on holiday on my own but not sure I am brave enough.

I am happy with my own company so won't feel lonely but am not very adventurous and like to feel safe, especially in the evening. As it's only a week I don't think long haul would be practical.

Any ideas or recommendations?

deleted203 Thu 09-May-13 21:14:04

H10 Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.

Go all inclusive. My DD and I went last year and it was fabulous. The food was great, entertainment in evenings, staff and guests all very friendly. We simply lay in the sun and read (and ate). Most relaxing holiday we've ever had, and we barely left the hotel. (Which sounds awfully boring, but we'd both had a hell of a year and really didn't want to do a lot except rest). There are organised trips to places if you wanted to see things on the island.

Very, very secure (and beautiful) complex. You would certainly feel safe.

MooseBeTimeForSpring Thu 09-May-13 21:18:44

If you'd have had more time I'd have said Singapore. sowornout's suggestion sounds lovely smile

IAmOptimusPrime Thu 09-May-13 21:25:59

I would love to go further but jet lag and 2 small boys on my return would undo any relaxation! Sowornout your holiday sounds exactly what I'm looking for, thanks I'll start googling.

Oh I'm excited now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now