Talk

Advanced search

How did you tell your DCs you were going to Disney (or any special trip)?

(3 Posts)
Guitargirl Wed 08-May-13 19:56:12

We are spending a couple of nights at DLP in May, haven't told the DCs yet. I remember reading threads in the past on MN about good ways to break the news about the trip but I can't find them now through the search.

DCs are 6 and 4, I think the eldest will be very excited, the youngest probably not so much until we get there at least.

Any tips on how to tell them we're going? I was thinking about waiting until we get on the Eurostar but my mum reckons they are going to want to look forward to it.

lilolilmanchester Wed 08-May-13 20:01:41

I saw a video clip on FB a while back of someone taking their children to Disney, they'd wrapped up them little Disney character rucksacks and put lots of "clues" in the bag that they were going on a flight and going to Disney, their faces were a picture when it dawned on them.

At 6 and 4, not sure they'll miss out on "looking forward to it" - but you know your DCs and whether the surprise will outweigh their not having time to look forward to it. Hope you have a fab time.

lilolilmanchester Wed 08-May-13 20:04:52

remembered, it wasn't a FB friend's video, it was on youtube here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: