Talk

Advanced search

How did you tell your DCs you were going to Disney (or any special trip)?

(3 Posts)
Guitargirl Wed 08-May-13 19:56:12

We are spending a couple of nights at DLP in May, haven't told the DCs yet. I remember reading threads in the past on MN about good ways to break the news about the trip but I can't find them now through the search.

DCs are 6 and 4, I think the eldest will be very excited, the youngest probably not so much until we get there at least.

Any tips on how to tell them we're going? I was thinking about waiting until we get on the Eurostar but my mum reckons they are going to want to look forward to it.

lilolilmanchester Wed 08-May-13 20:01:41

I saw a video clip on FB a while back of someone taking their children to Disney, they'd wrapped up them little Disney character rucksacks and put lots of "clues" in the bag that they were going on a flight and going to Disney, their faces were a picture when it dawned on them.

At 6 and 4, not sure they'll miss out on "looking forward to it" - but you know your DCs and whether the surprise will outweigh their not having time to look forward to it. Hope you have a fab time.

lilolilmanchester Wed 08-May-13 20:04:52

remembered, it wasn't a FB friend's video, it was on youtube here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now