Talk

Advanced search

Travel steriliser bottles / playtex nurser / boiling water for Spanish trip

(6 Posts)
peaches27 Fri 19-May-06 21:15:35

Our little one will be just 6 months when we go to Spain next month. She still has 6 bottles a day and I still sterilise. I have bought some steribottles for while we are travelling, but we will be spending 14 nights in an apartment and I shall be worrying about hygiene all the time ...

Has anyone done this with a similar aged baby and used either the travel steriliser bags or a playtex nurser?

I looked at the price of the travel steriliser bags (£14 for a fortnight) then the price of a playtex nurser (£5 plus refills) and thought well would it be better to stick to our original bottles which will of course take room up, or should I buy one playtex nurser and a pack of refills? What do you think? With the Playtex nurser could I get away with just washing then scalding the teat because there is a new refill every time?

SenoraPostrophe Fri 19-May-06 21:17:55

you don't have to sterilise after 6 months. But if you insist, I'd just boil things.

micromum Sun 21-May-06 09:46:44

Check to see if your little one likes the steribottle before you go as they have a very strong smell to them, Why don't you cold sterilise then all you need is the tablets, i found that easier. Good luck and have a nice time

Mfer Mon 22-May-06 21:22:27

playtex nurser everytime - just take one and a box of soft liners - you can wash the nurser and the teat in hot soapy water (thats what is says on the instructions) and teat boiled water first time and hot water thereafer. Total cost on the site @ £10 plus you could use it again. there is now a link on the home page.

Mfer Mon 22-May-06 21:23:17

Just thought you might like to take another pack of teats in case you are out and about and need to do an extra feed......... I took a few cartons of sma with me just in case.

swedishmum Mon 22-May-06 22:23:27

My little one didn't like steribottles and \i could never do the lids. We used a travel steriliser (Lindem do them) - only does 2 at a time but took abot 8 mins. Wd definitely recommend if you are still sterilising. So simple and tiny to pack.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: