Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Tenerife well or any other canary island?

(4 Posts)
Crutchlow35 Tue 07-May-13 13:25:37

Want to go for 2 weeks in October. Kids clubs with the usual package holiday providers will be over so we are not stuck having to go with the likes of Thomson and First Choice so we are looking at booking separately. We can get Thomson flights for £800 for the 3 of us (cheapest I have found but may try Glasgow) but I am not sure about accommodation.

We would like:

Las Americas or Christianos
Self catering
Walking distance to restaurants etc
Near other families for DS who will be 5 - thought about a villa but I think some kind of apartment block with communal pool would be better.
Closeish to the beach. DS desperate to go.

I have said any canary island as we are open to options. Tenerife mainly because we have been before. Not been to any of the others so don't know about locations etc.

dc1961 Tue 07-May-13 21:14:02

highly recommend Lanzarote. We stayed at the Princess Sol Hotel and it was fab. This was really near beach, lovely clean hotel with lovely pool and lots going on. Highly recommended. Please avoid Silencio and Gallates - full of prostitutes and ex pats!

dc1961 Tue 07-May-13 21:15:00

Sorry, I didn't mean Lanzarote - I meant Los Cristianos!!! No idea why I put Lanzarote. My son lived over there for 3 years and loved it also.

Crutchlow35 Tue 07-May-13 22:04:03

Will look it up. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now