Talk

Advanced search

Driving to France with 9 month old

(3 Posts)
MyNameIsSuz Tue 07-May-13 09:31:06

In what may well seem like a ridiculous move, we are off to France for a week at the start of July with all the extended family, and are driving down with my in laws. Our son will be 9.5 mo by then and the longest journey we've done so far was about 3 hours. He's sadly stopped sleeping whenever he's in the car!

Any tips for surviving the trip? Fil is driving so i think I'll be in the back sandwiched between the baby and my husband, so i guess able to chat to him, read stories etc.

Any words of encouragement also appreciated, but tips for making it as painless as possible would be splendid!

PetiteRaleuse Tue 07-May-13 09:35:25

I'm making the same journey soon but from France to England with my two. Good that you'll be next to hi to keep him busy. It will be fine. Stop regularly to give him a stretch out of the car seat - they get pretty uncomfortable strapped in so tightly so letting them out every two to three hours is great. Other than that, revise your nursery rhymes grin

PetiteRaleuse Tue 07-May-13 09:36:36

Also, maybe you can switch places sometimes with your MIL and DH so that he gets to talk to different people?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now