Talk

Advanced search

Stockholm

(7 Posts)
Daughteroughter Sat 04-May-13 22:32:55

I will be going to Stockholm on 2 day business straight after half term. I am wondering whether DH and ds 8 should go for last few days of half term and then I stay on...anyone been? Is it still v expensive

jkklpu Sat 04-May-13 23:14:06

Whatever you do, make sure all of you have travel insurance.

Daughteroughter Sun 05-May-13 22:02:32

We do but why?

jkklpu Sun 05-May-13 22:17:10

Because getting ill on holiday can end up being very expensive

flybynight Wed 08-May-13 10:20:38

My husband an I went to Stockholm for a long weekend a couple of years ago. It is gorgeous - I'd love to go again. We were without the children but from what I saw, it was very child friendly - more so than the UK. Great museums as well - Vasamuseet (sp?) was particularly interesting. And it wasn't as expensive as I had mentally braced myself for. If you have an excuse to go, go.

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 08-May-13 19:52:27

Its not very expensive, its a vibrant fun beautiful city, its all made up of islands, lots of water, great days out and yes the WasaMuseeum is spectacular! ( king commissions boat in 1628, king asks for ridiculous ideas for boat, boat sinks on maiden journey, heads roll, and boat is all forgotten about on order of king. Que the 70ies, boat found and after 30 years lifting it from bottom of the sea and preserving it, this fantastic spectacular ship is now open to view in all its glory. Think huge pirate vessel, its just spectacular!!)
Food is great, very simple and delicious, and you must go for a Fika in one of stockholms oldfashioned coffee houses. Vetekatten website Vetekatten is lovely and quirky, and for lunch go to Östermalms Saluhall, a foodmarket dotted with small eating places, everything delicious.
Everyone speaks english, and its very childfriendly. (One adult rides for free on all busses if you have a pushchair. )
Have fun!!

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 08-May-13 19:54:38

You need your EHIC card for healthcare. Do not pay for the EHIC, its free, just order it from the official Ehic website. There are alot of scam ehic sites who charge you so beware!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now