Talk

Advanced search

slepping arrangements on hols

(8 Posts)
chickyboo Wed 17-May-06 23:26:09

My dd is 22mths and still got sides on cotbed at mo. We are going on hols in about 7 wks and staying with family, she will be in a single bed. Not sure whether we will need a travel cot or take the risk with bed taking into consideration the floor is MARBLE.Would like lots of advice please...!!!

melsy Wed 17-May-06 23:30:08

There are travel side guards on the market, if thats makes you feel she has more security in a bed. IM not sure which ones are the best, my sister has given me some and I havent even looked in the bag yet!!

alexsmum Wed 17-May-06 23:35:11

i'm wondering the same thing

raggedyanna Thu 18-May-06 02:45:27

ds is 19mths, we go camping regularly either in a tent or in cabins and he sleeps on a mat on the floor, he is still in a cot at home but mat on floor works well when out and about for us.

Twiglett Thu 18-May-06 07:45:03

I don't know whether it is actually true but I am loathe to put DD into a bed until I want her to be in a bed permanently

She has never tried to climb out of her cot yet .. to me that's the sign to move her to a bed as with DS ... and its easier to have a cot than a bed ..

personally I'd take a travel cot (if you could get hold of one easily)

FrannytheGazelle Thu 18-May-06 07:55:22

There is no way I would put a child that age in a bed without sides next to a marble floor. You weren't really going to, were you?

jenkel Thu 18-May-06 08:37:05

We have a 3 1/2 year old and a 2 year old and its quite normal for us to rearrange the rooms when we go on holiday. DD2 has been sleeping in a bed when on holiday since she was 1. However, i normally block the bed in, perhaps move the bed against a wall and then block the other side and the foot fo the bed with chairs etc. We have always managed to find things that have made the bed safe and she has never fallen out. I normally put all the spare bedding on the floor also, so there is a bit of padding if she does fall.

Bozza Thu 18-May-06 08:59:19

But if we had waited for DS to climb out we would still be waiting, I think. I would either take a travel cot or get a bed side and pad the floor.

DD is 24 months and we are going away later in the month. Because we will probably just be in a travel inn I am planning on having a cot for her so it takes less room up - will already need a bed for DS. But we are thinking of moving her into a bed probably in June. Then she will get used to a bed before we go to France in August when we want her to sleep in a bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: