Need ideas for a few different breaks(9 Posts)
Hi all. I've been set with the
oh so hard task of sorting out our next few breaks. I've been looking around for ages but I seem to be going round in circles and not doing anything productive.
Right. Any help much appreciated please. I'm looking for (all for 2 adults):
1. Either a 1/2/3 night stay in a UK Premier inn (around the 27th May but not 31st) within a couple of hours of Staffordshire. We've been to ones in London, Chester, Manchester and other cities. I think we want somewhere near the sea. Not London but somewhere that there is lots to do.
2. A cheap camping holiday (June/July/August) that is not in Somerset (done to death!). Nowhere like a holiday camp like Haven etc. Nice showers, toilets, maybe a shop, restaurant and a pool would be nice. Somewhere quiet but there is lots to do in the area. We loved this site so somewhere like that would be great.
3. A cheap as poss but naice week away in Europe in September. We liked Nerja in Spain last year and may go there again but wanted to see if there was somewhere else nice. Need a beach, pool, restaurants though nowhere like Kavos!
4. Another premier inn for December. Anytime really but must be back by 23rd. For our wedding anniversary. The past few years we've been to Manchester to shop for Christmas presents, the Christmas markets and a theater trip. Thinking about another UK city, preferably somewhere where there are Christmas markets and lots of places to shop.
5. Somewhere for around New years eve. Can go anytime between 27th Dec and 4th Jan. We went to Center Parcs last year but want something different this year. Been thinking about either a cosy cottage somewhere remote, or a lodge somewhere with a hot tub. OR a week or so abroad. Where is still warm in Dec/Jan? Most likely in Europe for that price. Preferably under or not much more than £500 if possible. I spent the day yesterday looking for somewhere and ended up looking at Caribbean cruises! Would love to do that but maybe next year.
I know that's a mammoth list but I could really do with some ideas and help please I've told DH I'd research places today and come up with different options for us to look at tonight/tomorrow.
Watching with interest the new years one,eeverything I see is way over that budget so hoping someone comes along with great idea!
Ooh Edinburgh sounds good. Would have to drive though as I think we'd buy too much stuff
Though AA autoroute tells me that Edinburgh is 5 hours away. May be too far for a couple of days...
I'll put it on the list though, thank you
It probably would not be top of your list, but have you thought about a 'Stay and Explore' break in Leicestershire.
We have done two breaks now. They are brilliant value and we visited places that were real surprises- The Battle of Bosworth Field, Snibston discovery centre etc. Hotels with leisure facilities and lovely rooms, great breakfast too.
Have not tried the adult breaks but they look great.
Thanks for that link, breward. Leicester is only an hour away so that looks good! Will take a proper look later on with DH.
1. what about Bath or Cardiff. lots to do in both places.
2. Polzeath on top of the cliffs camping. great view first thing in the morning. Charlbury for the beer festival.
3.Rome or Dublin
5. we have stayed Here an hour from Exeter 3.5 hours from the west midlands. they do hampers at Christmas. Also stayed just outside Bath and in Hertfordshire and would be within your budget. pm me for more details as we have taken/take lots of weekend breaks.
Argghh forgot Porthmadog and staying in the Hotel at Portmeirion.
Croatia is a poss for the September break. I visited dubrovnik and some of the islands and found it good value for money and really beautiful.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.