Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

anyone took a pottable dvd on a abored holiday?

(12 Posts)
trace2 Tue 16-May-06 09:13:00

was thinking of taking ds ,but if so where do you carry it, the suitcase or hand luggage?

trace2 Tue 16-May-06 09:22:30

bumpppp

Gingerbear Tue 16-May-06 09:26:13

trace, do you mean your son? (DS)
I would put him in the hold. Too much hassle as hand luggage.

Gingerbear Tue 16-May-06 09:26:59

I think you can take it as hand luggage if it is switched off during the flight.

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Tue 16-May-06 09:28:54

I guess you'd need it on a bored holiday

fairyjay Tue 16-May-06 09:31:17

I think you can take it as hand luggage, and use it on the flight, except not during take-off and landing. Worth checking with the airline though.

trace2 Tue 16-May-06 09:33:54

LOL GINGER BEAR, just reread this, yes i could take ds in suitcase.

i only want to take because when getting ready to go out on a night he gets restless

trace2 Tue 16-May-06 09:35:06

gingerbear, you had your blood tests?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 16-May-06 09:37:59

Have done this. Do not put it in your suitcase under any circumstances as if it gets damaged or stolen you are responsible!!.

You can use the DVD player on the aircraft except for take off and landing. Check with the airline in question re their policy though. Generally speaking policies re electronic equipment are the same across the board.

Gingerbear Tue 16-May-06 09:39:50

yes, last Friday - I will ring hospital this afternoon.

trace2 Tue 16-May-06 09:41:55

thanks meerkat, will do its first choice flight.

gingerbear, please let me know how you get on, ive been told i carnt phone for mine have to wait until i go back in july

Skribble Tue 16-May-06 23:24:46

We took ours on the plane, godsend with ryanair as they don't exactly have seat back tv's .

Due to the weight you really wouldn't want to put it in hold luggage.

We used it everynight on holiday as it was to cold to sit out and the kids were a bit young to be out roaming about later on, so we watched a movie every night, and once kids were in be d we watched another one as there wasn't a telly anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: