Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for a cottage in Brittany?

(9 Posts)
PanicPants Mon 15-May-06 21:07:51

Dp and I want to take ds abroad, and thought brittany might be ok as we'd need to take the car for all his 'bits'

Anyone been there before? Any recommendations?

PanicPants Mon 15-May-06 21:48:12

Anyone?

PanicPants Tue 16-May-06 08:08:53

How about you morning people?

Enid Tue 16-May-06 08:28:33

yes we go every year (southern brittany, near Pont Aven)

its lovely the food is great and the countryside is beautiful, but the weather is not reliable if that matters to you. The beaches are lush, like cornwall if you have ever been there. We go to a beach called Tahiti Plage which is a loooooooooong stretch of white sand and lovely gently shelving sea.

mind you somoen did die there last year and got washed up in front of dh and I - not so good

Enid Tue 16-May-06 08:44:52

so basically I recommend the area around Pont Aven, Moelan sur Mer etc (between Quimper and Lorient)

Benodet is popular too but too many English people for us!

Concarneau also lovely

PanicPants Tue 16-May-06 15:03:55

omg enid!

right in front of you?

but it does sound lovely, did you go self catering?

PanicPants Tue 16-May-06 21:13:31

Anyone else been to Brittany?

calpopscalum Wed 17-May-06 21:07:05

yes we've been a few times, round the gulf of Morbihan and down to la BAule. Loev it love it love it!!! Moules et frites et un grand verre de vin!!! Tres bien! We love camping (mobile home tho not a tent!) though as found it suits the kids better - if they're kept busy and hapy then we have an easier life!

calpopscalum Wed 17-May-06 21:07:50

yes we've been a few times, round the gulf of Morbihan and down to la BAule. Loev it love it love it!!! Moules et frites et un grand verre de vin!!! Tres bien! We love camping (mobile home tho not a tent!) though as found it suits the kids better - if they're kept busy and hapy then we have an easier life!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: