Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris question - as I can't search!!

(30 Posts)
Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 21:14:36

We're off to DLP next week and the bit that's stressing me most is getting from airport to hotel. Soooooooo has anyone got a taxi for this bit - I'm sure someone did but can't remember who it was!!!! Did you book in advance or grab one at the airport and what price was it??? All help gratefully received. Probably have a million other questions too but this is most urgent one in my head at mo.

cheesecake Sun 14-May-06 21:32:57

bump this for you but try putting it on in parenting as it might be quicker there .

Skribble Sun 14-May-06 21:40:13

Which airport????

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 21:44:08

Oops sorry CDG!

Skribble Sun 14-May-06 22:03:55

If you are staying at a disney hotel there is a direct shuttle bus, some of the nearby hotels have shuttles too. If not you can get the RER, but you will have one change of trains at a quite busy station. I haven't a clue how much for a Taxi.

Have you checked with the hotels website for arrival info?

We panic the first time flying in to Beauvais and I hired a car which sat in the car park at the hotle for 5 days.

snuffy143 Sun 14-May-06 22:18:00

Have done Disney twice (absolutely brilliant both times - am very envious!). Second time we flew to CDG and there are brightly coloured Dsiney buses - pay driver when you get on. Are regular. They go round all the resort hotels and it couldn't be easier! Have fun and post more if you need anymore advice. We did it with a seven month old and 4 yr old first time and second time they were 4 and 7.

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 22:25:24

Yes looked at getting the VEA shuttle, only prob is that because we are staying at Holiday Inn and our flight times doesn't coincide with the bus that stops there it would mean getting off at DLP and getting on another bus to HI. Also we are landing at T3 but because of roadworks the VEA isn't picking up from there at mo so that means another trek to different terminal. Waaayy too much faffing and I HATE buses!!!! So decided to take a taxi instead.

snuffy143 Sun 14-May-06 22:26:45

Understand all of that...what a pain. Is quite a long way, though, so taxi might be quite pricey. Anyone else out there done it?

cod Sun 14-May-06 22:27:45

Message withdrawn

Skribble Sun 14-May-06 22:27:46

I have done the Bus/ Metro/ RERtrain from Beuvais.

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 22:37:34

Oh dear Cod we are returning on a Sunday as well - you're definitely making me feel a taxi would be a good idea!!

liquoriceallsorts Sun 14-May-06 22:39:05

It very much depends on where you are staying - and your willingness to save money. If you are staying at the DLP hotels there is a VEA Navette Shuttle bus outside the terminal building at regular intervals but it is more expensive than the train (about 14 euros for adults one way) and it takes ages to get there 45 minutes to reach the first stop. This is not a disney bus but everyone thinks it is as it is covered in disney logos. There isn't an official Disney bus as such apart from that one.

You can take the RER train but you will have to change lines. Better to take the TGV train which goes direct to Marne La Vallee (Where DLP is!) and this is cheaper than the bus and takes 15 minutes. The station is under the airport - follow the signs! The only disadvantage of this option is the timings - 10 trains a day so not as regular as the bus.

I can recommend a fab book which you can get in WHSmiths 'A Brits Guide to Disneyland Paris'. Excellent and you shouldn't go without it!

Sorry to rabble on but being a tourism lecturer this is my area!

cod Sun 14-May-06 22:40:05

Message withdrawn

liquoriceallsorts Sun 14-May-06 22:42:12

Oh by the way - a taxi will cost you 40 euros one way to the Disney hotels. Don't know the Holiday Inn so can't help you there! Where is it?

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 22:45:58

Well now you should mention it I have just bought that book !!! Doesn't mention taxis though . Anyhow, I do actually want to book a character meal but I don't actually want to ring France to do so!!! Can I book when I get there, I mean I know I can, but will I be able to get a table - what sort of notice do they need?
What do you mean don't bother with the autographs Cod? DD's are desperate for them and they have every intention of a disney autograph book being their first purchase!!!

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 22:46:56

Oh LA where is that price from? Is it a prebooked one or from the taxi rank? The Holiday Inn is right next to the Disney Hotels.

cod Sun 14-May-06 22:47:48

Message withdrawn

cod Sun 14-May-06 22:48:04

Message withdrawn

liquoriceallsorts Sun 14-May-06 22:50:06

For character breakfasts, lunch, dinner - You just need to go to the visitor centre once you get in the park - its on the left hand side as you enter and called City Hall and they can help with all kinds of things! Depends on how busy it is but we went at Christmas and booked for the next day with no problems.

My teenager loved the autographs too although it is a total pain q-ing for them!

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 22:51:13

Well I'm looking forward to it actually Cod, must be a big kid at heart. Loved the american ones. Ask me again when I get back though because that was pre-kids as well!!!

liquoriceallsorts Sun 14-May-06 22:53:31

Taxi price from the book! Page 49. From the rank outside the airport.

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 23:00:31

Guess I'm a bit of a scaredy cat - like to have everything pre-arranged if possible - sleep easier!!! Will go reread the book .

liquoriceallsorts Sun 14-May-06 23:02:43

I know how u feel - its scarey taking kidz away and u need that security of knowin whats what and where! Good luck and have a fantastic time!

Polgara2 Sun 14-May-06 23:07:12

Am wondering how correct that taxi price in the book is? Have looked on the disboards and people seemed to have been paying more than that! Looking at prebooking one with RS Transport - have sent an email asking for price but would hate to think I could get it for so much less than I think they will quote!

liquoriceallsorts Sun 14-May-06 23:08:22

Book was published a few years ago so could well be more now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: