Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if you can buy body warmer style sun suits?

(6 Posts)
iloveholidays Sun 14-Apr-13 09:32:08

Off to Greece at the beginning of May so expecting pool to be pretty cold. We used to have a body warmer when DDs were babies but wondered whether you can buy sun suits in particular fabric which keeps them a little warmer?

TIA

specialsubject Sun 14-Apr-13 19:54:17

standard 'rash vest' fabric always has a cooling effect. You can get cheap wetsuits now in Tescos etc; they won't be brilliant without sleeves (obviously) but will help body core temperature somewhat. Buy them to fit.

iloveholidays Mon 15-Apr-13 12:44:52

Thanks I'll have a look round the supermarkets.

SavoyCabbage Mon 15-Apr-13 12:51:16

I would get a wetsuit. Like this.

My dd always had one as she is very skinny and can't keep warm in the water. We live in australia now and she still wears one to the beach. Even if its 40.

They have to fit, rather than be too big to keep them warm.

iloveholidays Mon 15-Apr-13 13:36:25

Thanks, I've found one on jojo maman which looks good. DD2 is a tiny 2 year old so would get her age 1-2. DD1 is average for her age and turned 4 last week so not sure what size to get her.

Also found some on amazon.

Thanks

specialsubject Mon 15-Apr-13 19:49:03

ps for wetsuits - put on as you'd expect, take off by peeling as if skinning a banana. Rinse out after every use and dry out of direct sun. Will smell fairly rapidly, especially if urinated in. :-) But will still keep warm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now