Talk

Advanced search

Italy (Lake Garda) with 18mo

(4 Posts)
SianyS Tue 09-Apr-13 14:49:28

Hi,

We are going to Lake Garda in mid-May. Thanks to this silly cold spell, I don't think heat/sun us going to be an issue....

I just wanted to get the lowdown on water and milk in Italy/Lake Garda for my LO. He just has full fat cow's milk and tap water here.

I'm thinking food in general won't be a problem: we partly chose Italy because its cuisine of pasta, pizza and fish is well-loved!

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 09-Apr-13 20:27:37

He can have the same there. Which area are you staying in? I can recommend a supermarket possibly, as I stay there quite a lot. There is a large Carrefour just before Salo, and I think a Conad in Moniga.

If you are staying at a large organised campsite there will be a well stocked shop for basics.

Latte intero is full fat milk, and you should probably buy some bottles of water.

Italy is a country that loves children. They are not second class citizens in restaurants and cafes, and people are still charmed by them. And children like my DS love Italy. The land that created Pasta, pizza and gelato, what's not to love!

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 09-Apr-13 20:29:38

BTW expect it to be in the 20's weather wise when you go. We are expecting a sharp turn in the weather at the weekend in this part of Europe.

Onlyconnect Tue 09-Apr-13 20:34:17

I went to Lake Garda with my DD when she was just a bit older than yours. I can't remember specifically what we did about milk and water (not helpful) but I do know it wasn't a problem. We stayed in a hotel so they may have given us some milk but I think I bought some too and had no trouble getting it. I probably gave her bottled water but I drink the tap water in Italy so may ave just gone with that. We have been to Italy a few times and food has never been a problem even though DD is the fussiest eater in the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now