Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever got the train from Disneyland Paris to CDG airport?

(5 Posts)
plipplops Tue 09-Apr-13 14:03:39

We've booked a car for our whole trip (going to somewhere else before DLP), and were going to drive back to the airport at the end of our stay. On another thread someone had mentioned about getting the train, now I'm wondering if we've made a big mistake and should do that instead? Has anyone done it and how much faff was it? We're staying at the Hotel New York, and flying home with Easyjet so terminal 2b I think. It'll be me, DH and DDs 4 and 6 (who don't like walking much...)

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciatedsmile

Shesparkles Tue 09-Apr-13 14:10:32

We used the TGV both times we went and it was completely hassle free. We pre booked the TGV tickets before we left, so it was a case of finding the platform (not hard to find but it was quite a walk,) and get on the train for a 15 min journey. Get off train either get one of the buses to the hotel, or just walk, it only takes about 10 mins as the HNY is one of the closest hotels to Disney Village.
For going back to Paris, it's just the same in reverse.

You can also get a bus from CDG to Disney, but we found the cost about the same as the train and it takes about an hour for the journey.

plipplops Tue 09-Apr-13 14:13:33

Oh crap, now wishing I had looked into it more before I startedsad Not sure if it's too late to cancel the car/book one which we can drop off at DLP when we get there. I have stomach issues (sorry if tmi but have bad IBS and get paranoid that I'm going to need the loo all the time), so the thought of a short transfer with a toilet on as opposed to being stuck in a car or coach suits me waaaay better (I'm assuming the train has a loo on it?)

littleducks Tue 09-Apr-13 14:18:31

We caught the TGV, it was good on the way there. A little but tricky with kids and luggage.

On the way home there was some kind of problem and no trains. Real issue was that although we got to train station really early the announcement was made at the last minute. So we ended up begging and tipping a taxi driver to get us to airport, managed to be there just as check in closed. Then run through security etc. the car made it simpler in terms if luggage as we got there and stuck it on a trolley.

iseenodust Tue 09-Apr-13 14:36:21

We used the train without having booked (for airport to DLP) as the transfer coaches had stopped running early. It was so easy we chose to book a train for returning to the airport. Yes there are on board toilets. The toilets in the station (DLP) were also very clean because there is a full-time memebr of staff. There is therefore a small charge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now