Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris

(15 Posts)
WireCatWhore Sat 06-Apr-13 23:27:36

Am thinking of taking my older 2 to Disneyland (toddler wouldn't like it so dh staying home with him)

Just googled & it's so expensive! Our holiday for all 5 of us is cheaper!

Any tips on booking it?

Children are 13 & 10.

Would need to be school holiday time really and over a weekend (fri-mon)

Thank you.

sunnyday123 Sun 07-Apr-13 08:21:31

Tbh I think your older ones re too old for disney Paris. We went 2 years ago when dd were 3 & 5 and there were only 5 or so rides my eldest couldn't do. I'd say it off under 10s. All the parades and princess things etc are for younge kids too I found.

LIZS Sun 07-Apr-13 08:25:35

Disagree I think there is fun to be had for older kids and you can do more at a faster pace, especially in the Studios. It won't be cheap though , as in DLP accommodation you'll pay under occupancy for children as rooms set up for 4 and your 13yo is probably counted as an adult. Do you want to stay onsite or would you consider a few train stops/bus ride away ?

Crutchlow35 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:02:28

i would be interested to hear about accommodation off park by train as i know the station is just at the gates

diamondee Sun 07-Apr-13 12:09:44

I went with siesta travel and I'd go again with them.The coach was comfortable, the hotel lovely and of course dc loved Disney

WireCatWhore Sun 07-Apr-13 12:25:23

Thanks all.

Tbh, I think they're too old, but they want to go!

I don't mind if we don't stay on the site.

I will look at seista travel.

LIZS Sun 07-Apr-13 12:27:54

Most of the chains (Best Western , Ibis etc) are represented in Marne Le Vallee, Val d'Europe and Bussy St Georges - some listed here - offering train and/or bus links

WireCatWhore Sun 07-Apr-13 12:30:24

Ahh, much cheaper through siesta travel.

They can pick us up at Thurrock as well.

WireCatWhore Sun 07-Apr-13 12:31:03

Thanks lizs. (X post)

givemeaclue Sun 07-Apr-13 16:35:24

Agree too old, USA one better for that age group

Toughasoldboots Sun 07-Apr-13 16:42:11

My older ones loved it , the 15 yo especially. It was that or nothing though.

beanandspud Sun 07-Apr-13 23:16:31

Have a look on laterooms etc. at the Dream Castle hotel. It's not on the site but has a shuttle bus service to the main park (about 10mins). There are a couple of hotels in the same area but we quite liked it there - rooms were good, food was very good and a lovely outside terrace overlooking the lake.

Depending where you are in the country Eurostar is a good option - changing at Lille is often cheaper than changing in Paris and isn't much more hassle than a direct train.

WireCatWhore Mon 08-Apr-13 11:50:41

Weight get Eurostar. Am in the SE so can.

Too expensive to go to the US Disney!

WireCatWhore Mon 08-Apr-13 11:51:03

Weight?! Could.

Barbie1 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:55:37

I live very close to Disneyland so we have been a few times.

We found that booking through the French website so much cheaper than the British one.

I remember reading an article a few years back about British people being charged so much more than the French and its absolutely true! shock

It might work out cheaper to book a hotel and arrange to buy tickets At the gate when you arrive? This might not be the case but worth a check?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now