Talk

Advanced search

Barbados in October, will it be too rainy?

(7 Posts)
higherhill Fri 05-Apr-13 10:32:01

We are thinking of Barbados for half term in October.Flight Prices are cheaper than winter, it looks tempting just wondering how much is it going to rain at that time. Is it downpours for a few days at a time or just a quick shower once a day sort of rain? have you been at this time of year . Also is it possible to eat out at affordable restaurants or is it going to be expensive all over. TIA.

givemeaclue Fri 05-Apr-13 12:40:15

Hi, its also hurricane season.

Restaurants in Barbados are fab, food is really good although did find it expensive.

4forkssake Fri 05-Apr-13 13:35:09

It's pot luck with the rain. I went in April/May a few years ago & for the first week it barely stopped raining. Even the locals said it had been unusually bad for months. It hasn't put me off & I'm visiting again this May. Normally it's just showers which tend to be a welcome relief from the sun. Wouldn't worry too much about hurricanes. Barbados, being far south, tends to avoid anything major (although could get couple days of tropical storm winds) & it's nearly the end of hurricane season.

As for eating out, there are lots of expensive places but some cheaper alternatives (depending on whether you're west or south coast). Look at beach bars like Ramshackles, ju jus, restaurants like zacchios, surf side, (on west coast) just grillin. Also plenty supermarkets if you went self catering.

alexw Fri 05-Apr-13 13:50:59

We went this last October and it was fab. Occasional very heavy showers but mainly early eve and only lasted a few minutes. We're hoping to go again this year same time.

higherhill Fri 05-Apr-13 17:34:47

Thanks all. Looking like its an option now.

chunops Sat 06-Apr-13 19:31:38

I agree with givemeaclue definitely hurricane season not recommended that's why it is cheaper, have a look on the net for weather in October in Bardados .

BIWI Sat 06-Apr-13 19:33:38

Hurricanes rarely affect Barbados.

We used to go every half term, in October, and it was fab. Occasionally there would be rain storms, but they would be over as quickly as they had started - and it still stayed warm.

Out of about 5 or 6 trips, we only had one day where it rained all day.

Go for it! It's a beautiful island.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now