Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland paris for a 3.5yr old? Worth going?

(24 Posts)
jellyjelly Sat 06-May-06 17:07:59

My parents want to take our son away for a week to disneyland paris but i am not sure how much there is to do there ride wise. He loves animals but not sure if there are any animals there? And if he will be able to go on many rides. He is quite tall but still stnadard size for 3.5 yrs.

Help please

AllieBongo Sat 06-May-06 17:09:36

went with ds aged 5 and niece aged 3 and other niece 9mths. There is something for everyone and he should be able to go on most things. You can nip to paris also and the aquarium is supposed to be wonderful!

SoupDragon Sat 06-May-06 17:10:55

Not for a week! I think he'd probably enjoy it for a day or 2 though. DS2 enjoyed Disney World Florida at 2.5 even though he couldn't go on everything DS1 could.

LIZS Sat 06-May-06 17:17:37

There will be rides for him to go on - like Dumbo , Its a Small World, Casey Jr train, boat ride - but not the main ones (you should find the height restrictions etc under Park Information - Important advice and a week may be way too long to keep the novelty. There are a few animals iirc but there is a parade in each park and various live shows suitable for all ages. dd loved Buffalo Bill's show (extra) in the evening but it is best prebooked as they do a show at 6 and another at 9.

hth

jellyjelly Sat 06-May-06 17:19:26

Well i thought he would get really bored, i always remembered going to theme parks and getting really upset as i couldnt go on anything.

Thanks and keep other suggestions coming, wish i was going too.

Blandmum Sat 06-May-06 17:21:52

Depends on the child. We took dd at 3 and she loved it, ds at 3 hated it, wouldn't go on rides etc. I wouldn't go for a week with any age kid, if I am honest

jellyjelly Sat 06-May-06 17:33:01

It was a choice of a week in a caravan (which he loves) or a few days at disneyland. Still at the researchinig stage becuase we didnt know if there was enought for him or if it was more geared towards olders.

Blandmum Sat 06-May-06 17:37:09

You can stay in a caravan with Keycamp or canvas and be within striking distance of Disney.....we took this option. We stayed to the West of Paris, and went to the park by train (took about 45 minutes direct line, dead easy with the kids).

That way you can heave the best of both worlds!

Blandmum Sat 06-May-06 17:37:58

ds mostly enjoyed the adventure play parks in eurodisney.....which are excellent btw. He wasn't interested in the rides

SoupDragon Sat 06-May-06 17:38:18

And this is Disney! He'll get to meet all the characters. I never understood the point of people dressed up in furry costumes until we had Tea With Pooh and Friends at Disney World with DSs (4.5 and 2.5). The look on their faces was priceless

tissy Sat 06-May-06 17:39:29

Plenty to do, but you can't predict whether they will like it at that age. Dd (4) loved the fairground carousel, Dumbo and the spinning teacup rides, but hated any of the rides that went into the dark- including "It's a small world" she screamed "get me out of here!" at the top of her voice. They do have animals (Critter corral), but they weren't on show when we went (End of March). The Animagique and Cinemagique shows at the studio park were good too.

Warning- dd lived on bread and butter most of the time we were there, as she hated the food! Not too unusual, but DIFFERENT- anathema to a picky eater. You're not allowed to take food into the park, and you can't buy an apple, a piece of hard cheese or plain pasta for love nor money!

Blandmum Sat 06-May-06 17:39:44

dd was like that....magic. Ds hated them! Odd kid

We are going again this summer.....he is 6 now and will enjoy it much more

SoupDragon Sat 06-May-06 17:41:05

It's a Small WOrld makes me want to scream "get me out of here!" too.

Blandmum Sat 06-May-06 17:50:21

'Its a world of love, its a world of peace.....'

ARGGGHHHHH

'youare asking for a good smack donkey!'

A great mickey take in shrek IMHO!

SoupDragon Sat 06-May-06 17:53:38

I believe it's "you're going the right way for a smaked bottom, donkey"

tissy Sat 06-May-06 17:53:46

I loved it, and would go back without dd and dh to cramp my style

tissy Sat 06-May-06 17:54:23

mean the whole Disney thing, not "It's a Small World"

Blandmum Sat 06-May-06 17:56:03

SD, you are even sadder than I am

Blandmum Sat 06-May-06 17:56:39

SD, you are even sadder than I am

SoupDragon Sat 06-May-06 18:16:58

Yep. It's a phrase we use a lot in the Dragon household for misbehaving boys

firestorm Tue 16-May-06 20:34:52

we took my dd for 5 days when she was nearly 3 & she loved it & we were allowed to take food & drink into the park, nobody searched us or anything. you need to do this (at least drinks if not food) because its so expensive in there

hulababy Tue 16-May-06 20:42:53

A 3.5 year old would love it! We did 4 nights and that was plenty of time to see and do everything, and some stuff more than once. Mind you, we didn't spend much time in our hotel (or Ranch place rather) and only wet in the pool once.

There are some animals at the Davy Crocket Ranch place if you stay there - small farm and horse riding. Think there is also a very small petting place at the back end of DLP???

DD has been to Disney, both DLP and Florida and has loved it. We are off to Flroida four weeks today. DD will be 4y2m. She is a roller coaster addict and loves the shows and parades. Disney has loads for younger children.

hulababy Tue 16-May-06 20:45:05

SoupDragon - we did the Pooh bear meal in Disney World. It was great.

The look on DD's face on those photos meeting the characters is worth every penny. Her eyes are shining and wide. DH was very against Disney originally but he was hooked on DD's reaction to it all.

hulababy Tue 16-May-06 20:46:47

Oh and we did take the odd bit of food into the park for DD - fruit, raisins, snack food.... Never got stopped doing it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: