Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to cala bona or cala millor in majorca?

(6 Posts)
charlize Fri 16-Jan-04 14:37:39

I have just booked our family holiday . We are going to the bonaire aparthotel in Cala bona Majorca in July this yr. I was quite lucky as managed to get the last free child place to here for July.
Its a thomson superfamily and their flagship resort so hopefully it will be great for the kids but I don't know much about the resort itself.
Anyone been or heard??

tiredemma Fri 16-Jan-04 17:48:45

ive worked there, got ds2 screaming on my lap at the mo.
i will log in later and give u some info

codswallop Mon 19-Jan-04 18:29:27

try holidays-uncovered .oc.uk

tiredemma Wed 21-Jan-04 10:56:22

sorry its taken me so long o give you info, right then, cala bona was a mallorquin fishing village originally so has a very pretty traditional feel to it with nice little tapas resturants, it has a small beach but the next resort is cala millor which is a larger resort, a lot newer so most of the buildings are not as pretty as in cala bona, but it has a nice beach and promenade with shops bars and resturants dotted along it?
also in the resort is " reserva africa" which is like an animal park with elephants, rhinos and giraffes etc, this is a great day out for little ones!
there isnt a water park on the east coast but if you or dh drive abroad then id recommend going to the aquapark at arenal, it would take about 50 mins to drive there but again if you have kids then its a good day out.
bonaire is an excellent family complex and its probably one of the best properties that thomsons have on the island ( that and a couple of superfamily properties in the north)
i work in a travel agents now and even the "under the counter guide" that we never like customers to see cuz it tells the raw truth, gives it a raving review so i think youll have a good time!!

just rembered another day out on east coast is the caves of drach-- underwater caves in porto cristo, its amazing there is an underground lake with seats around it like an auditorium and out on the lake is a boat with a 5 piece orchestra on it playing classical musical, because of the caves and the water the acoustics are out of this world, i cried the first time i went there! (sap!)

if you need any more info let me know!! xx

MrsK Mon 26-Jan-04 16:38:16

We stayed at the aparthotel Bonaire about 18 months ago with another family. We all had a great time no complaints about the hotel or the staff who were very friendly.

Our daughter even got a birthday cake and a bottle of fizz for us. We did'nt tell them it was her birthday so dont know how they found out, but, it was a very nice gesture and one they didnt need to make.

The buffet is very good, we did'nt take the halfboard option as buffet are normally pretty awful. But we ended up using it most nights, especially good for children, a lot of variety.

The kids loved the evening entertainment, dancing to Star Trekking etc a groan for the parents but its great to see the kids having a good time,they also loved Thomson the Dog.

We had a great time, a lot of good facilities at the hotel to keep kids amused. Beach was nice kids loved cycling up and down the promenade. Cala Bona is a very nice resort, there are some good restaurants and it has retained some charm.

Hope your holiday is as enjoyable as ours was. If I think of anything relevant I will let you know.

Quackers Mon 26-Jan-04 16:51:05

Have a look here. I use this to sort out the best form the worst - you picked a good'n!

Bonair

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: