Talk

Advanced search

Carisma holidays?

(7 Posts)
franticallyjugglinglife Sun 13-Jan-13 20:50:48

Hello. Looking to book with these guys, but fairly mixed reviews online (when you can find them... It seems they may have fallen out with trip advisor and all reviews removed... Makes me nervous!!)

Any experiences?

And yes, I know probably better to book direct, but have tried and can't get any operator or site to guarantee 3 families next to each other, apart from these guys...

Thank you smile

MRSJWRTWR Mon 14-Jan-13 12:01:39

Hi,

We've stayed with them twice August 2010 (Les Sables) and 2011 (St Hilaire) and no complaints at all.

I have booked direct for holidays in Europe before but for the last few years we have gone with grandparents and as you said, this company practically guarantees that you will be next to each other (we were both times) plus we specifically wanted to be right next to the beach ie. within easy walking distance and (I think) all of their sites offer this.

The sites were clean and well maintained with nice pools. They had bars, restaurants and evening entertainment but we didnt use this so cant comment on how good/bad this was. Our chalets/mobile homes were in a particularly nice position in St Hilaire - right at the back of the camp site against the fence separating the site from the sand dunes leading to the beach. We could hear the waves at night.

The company was polite and friendly to deal with and all in all we were very pleased with the holidays.

Katisha Mon 14-Jan-13 12:06:03

We had a not so positive experience but it was a good few years back now - around 2005-ish. It was May and the site turned out to be barely open - still off season. Also the caravan was old and very cold at night and not what we were expecting from the brochure. Other newer caravans were free but they wouldn't transfer us. We ended up leaving early. I did complain afterwards but was nothing was forthcoming. Maybe they have upped their game since.

franticallyjugglinglife Mon 14-Jan-13 23:16:02

Thank you both. I'm looking at st hilaire MRSJ... What did you think of the area? I don't know the Vendee at all.

AgentProvocateur Mon 14-Jan-13 23:19:44

We went to Les Sables twice with them, and I thought they were great. Super reps, clean spacious accommodation... No complaints at all.

MRSJWRTWR Wed 16-Jan-13 10:42:23

We had a lovely holiday. Great beaches and lovely little towns and markets. Good waterpark there as well which my two (aged 12 and 5 at the time) loved. The 12 year old also enjoyed go karting and hiring a bike and going out with DH for the day cycling through the forests that run alongside parts of the coastline. DS2 wasnt quite upto all day on a bike so he had a fun day by the pool with his grandparents.

We took the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo. It docked about 6.30am and we were at the site by about 2ish. On the way back we went from Caen, got the 4pm sailing and back in UK by 9pm.

franticallyjugglinglife Wed 16-Jan-13 22:31:14

Really helpful. Thank you everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now