Talk

Advanced search

SUN holiday dates

(9 Posts)
TreadOnTheCracks Sat 12-Jan-13 15:31:25

I am trying to get a week in northern France in a caravan in the school holidays.

I have to put 5 dates. I have ticked the box for a 7 day break. Does anyone know if I just put the date of all the saturdays we could go?

It doesn't seem to say when the "week" starts, i know sometimes it's a Friday, but usually a Saturday?

TIA

Ponders Sat 12-Jan-13 15:35:12

who's it with? we've been with Eurocamp in the past & you could start on any day of the week, although that was outside the summer holidays

TreadOnTheCracks Sat 12-Jan-13 15:37:27

I don't know yet. I'm just filling in the form in the paper.

You choose 5 sites and 5 dates, then they let you know if you've been lucky in a bit.

Ponders Sat 12-Jan-13 15:55:05

Holiday homes will be caravan homes, chalets, apartments, lodges, bungalows, cottages or tents. Holiday homes will be available from 4pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on day of departure. If you will be arriving at your park during late evening you MUST advise your park direct in advance.
Weekend breaks start on Friday and end on Monday.
Midweek breaks start on Monday and end on Friday.
Seven night European breaks start on Monday or Friday
Parks in this offer will allow you to use the park facilities on your day of arrival and departure before and after your specific holiday home accommodation is available. Please note that some facilities may be seasonal.

Ponders Sat 12-Jan-13 15:55:26

(from the T&C on the Sun website smile)

Ponders Sat 12-Jan-13 15:59:57

You can take your break in March, April, May, September, October and November. We also have some February half-term breaks

not June, July or August. Are you looking at May half term? Easter's too early & October's too late for a lot of French campsites

TreadOnTheCracks Sat 12-Jan-13 20:45:26

Thank you all. That's just what I needed.

It does say in the pull out that they have some summer breaks, but doesn't really elaborate. I will check out the website now.

I think May half term would be best. It's going to be a caravan, so maybe Easter.

Ponders Sat 12-Jan-13 22:04:08

there are very few sites open at Easter. most of the sites linked on the Sun website give their opening dates (a few don't) & there are only a handful which open from Easter weekend - between 30/3 & 2/4 - so demand for those will be high then

they'll all be open at Spring Bank but demand will be higher too!

good luck...

TreadOnTheCracks Sat 12-Jan-13 22:19:28

Sounds like I'll need it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: