Talk

Advanced search

VW Beetle and Car Seats

(4 Posts)
elizaandco Wed 19-Apr-06 23:23:56

Hi I know this sounds silly but does anyone know the right Car Seat for a VW Beetle Cabriolet as I am stupidly and irresponsibly buying one and have a 2.5 year old daughter in which I need a car seat in the back. Cannot seem to find one anywhere that is compatabile any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

BadHair Wed 19-Apr-06 23:27:52

Is this an old one or the new one? I do know someone who has an old one (done up to look like Herbie), and I think she has a Britax in hers. Won't see her till school's back next week, but I can check then.

Debbiethemum Thu 20-Apr-06 00:14:47

I have an old beetle, but can only use the front passenger seat safely with a car seat. However it is the style of seat belt rather than the car that is the problem. In the front I hve the 'new fangled' tension seat belts which lock when you go forward too quickly, in the back they are straps that have to be adjusted manually and I cannot do them tight enough.
Before anyone yells a me 'George' is our second car and not used for them normally only used when the two children need to be in two different places at the same time.

hulababy Mon 22-May-06 15:14:40

We used the Britax isofix Duo and then the Jane isofix Indy Plus car seats in the rear of our Beetle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: