Talk

Advanced search

Please don't kill anyone by making a mistake!

(7 Posts)
lisad123 Fri 26-Oct-12 23:37:44

We had a very near miss this evening while on motorway.
Someone, who looks looked like they were off on holiday was travelling infront of us on M4 tonight. Doing 70mph.
They had three bikes strapped to back of the car.
As we are travelling two of the bikes fell off the car, straight infront of us! We swerved onto hard shoulder and missed the bike that was bouncing towards my windscreen.
We were ok, very shaken and dh called police but I'm not sure if anyone else was hurt sad

Please please make sure your bikes are strapped on correctly and are not going to fall off.
I have never been so scarced in my life!

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Fri 26-Oct-12 23:42:09

Oh my goodness, no wonder you are shaken. It is not the first time I have heard of this happen, and how fortunate that (fingers crossed) no one was hurt.
Have some sweet tea for the shock x

lucyellenmum Fri 26-Oct-12 23:43:49

how horrible for you - glad you are all OK. I hate motorways

LonelyCloud Fri 26-Oct-12 23:45:41

shock

Scary stuff. Glad you managed to avoid it, hopefully everyone else did too.

lisad123 Sat 27-Oct-12 08:30:59

We carried on for a bit after I stopped shaking and pulled over and stopped over in the travel lodge, who I should have have awful beds! confused

SecretCermonials Sat 27-Oct-12 08:34:35

This also goes double for builders lorries... Had the same thing happen to me with an unsecured timber load, had to swerve into the fast lane of the road (luckily there was a space) from the middle lane. With sleeping DS in car and being newly pregnant, having not been driving for a year. Stopped car, phoned DP phoned police as i had managed to get drivers number plate(he didnt stop angry) then threw up. Rather visciously.

Please check your loads people.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 27-Oct-12 08:35:35

Similar happened to us once, I was in the middle lane about to overtake a couple of slower moving lorries when a huge sheet of the wood that they use for boarding up windows flew off the lorry nearest us and bounced on the road in front of us. How it missed us I do not know. We pulled over and so did the lorry driver, I cannot be held accountable for the string of swear words that left DH's mouth as the driver opened his cab door (shock does strange things to people).

Scary stuff OP, I am glad you're all OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now