Talk

Advanced search

Need Recommendation: BR7/Heathrow Chauffeur/Taxi service with 13 wk old baby

(3 Posts)
Chislemum Fri 26-Oct-12 07:38:01

Dear all, I hope someone can recommend a good and reliable and baby friendly taxi/chauffeur service that will take us three (baby then 13 weeks, dad, mum) from BR7 to Heathrow and which also at the same time potentially provides a car seat for the little one?

I am a first time mum and will fly out to see my family and am a little worried how to get from our home to the airport (first week of November) after in-laws were 'too busy' that day to help out.

If you have any other tips for me, please let me know, I'd be very grateful as I fear there are many pitfalls I haven't even dreamed of.

Many thanks!! smile

HappyHippyChick Fri 26-Oct-12 14:59:51

Hi, I can recommend Chariot Cars who are based near Heathrow but will come over to you. Their number is 0208 288 8888. This is my dh's company so I am biased but they are good. Their website is www.chariotcars.co.uk

If/when you book if you ask for a baby seat for a newborn and that Ian will provide it. Ian is my dh and I will send him in with our baby seat that our ds has just outgrown. I can promise it hasn't been in any accidents!

I'm afraid I can't offer any other travel tips as we weren't brave enough to travel anywhere with little ones!

Have a safe trip!

kelly14 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:10:52

I have travelled alllot since my dd was 5 months (now 7 years) and although sometimes i travel business where they have always provided a car seat, if not i either taken my own and put in plane hold (only as when young we would go to dubai for 3 month periods), or i would ask taxi company to keep hold of it till a) they collected me again when i returned with car seat fitted or b) ask them to keep hold in their office and you will pick up when you return. Have never done (b) but dont see it would be problem.

i would take with you if your going to be travelling by car or taxi alot abroad as it wont affect your luggage allowance and will just go on with other luggage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now