Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where to stay in Barcelona??

(8 Posts)
curlyLJ Thu 18-Oct-12 13:36:25

We have just booked a really last minute w/e away (this weekend) as my DM is having DD so we can go away for our anniversary grin

Anyhoo, I managed to get some relatively cheap flights to Barcelona, as I have always fancied it for some reason, but haven't given any thought as to where to stay... Have quickly looked on a couple of hotel webistes that I have used before, but there is a huge range of prices available and it's a big place - I just don't have the time to do lots of research confused

We don't want to spend a fortune but will pay up to about £100-140 per night i guess.

Do any of you lovely MNers have any recommendations??

KevinFoley Thu 18-Oct-12 14:25:56

To be central I'd stay near the ramblas or gothic quarter. If you get a beachside hotel it's a good 20 mins or more walk in. But the city is generally well connected with great local transport so not too important. Just go on Trip advisor and search barcelona hotels for a great selection.

emma123456 Fri 19-Oct-12 15:55:01

look up Casa Camper. Awesome hotel in fab location, just off Los Ramblas. we went in May. Wouldnt stay anywhere else now.

Portofino Mon 22-Oct-12 11:34:44

Have a look at the Hosteria Grau - it is clean and basic and just off the Ramblas near Placa Catalunya. I have stayed there twice. It gets good TripaDVISOR reviews.

Portofino Mon 22-Oct-12 11:36:38

linky

thenightsky Mon 22-Oct-12 11:41:02

The H10 in Universitat is very good and very central. The other H10s are a tube ride out.

I've also stayed at a lovely historic place on Plaza de Angles which was like staying in a museum (cannot remember name of hotel).

Also look at Hotel Barcelona on Carrier de Casp at the Plaza de Catalunya end of the road.

If you stay further out the hotels look a bit cheaper, but you have to factor in tube tickets and/or taxi fares.

Poppins27 Mon 22-Oct-12 11:43:58

We stayed at the Hotel Gaudi which was the perfect location just off La Ramblas!!

Barcelona was such a great trip but please please be careful as the pickpockets are terrible, we got done before even reaching the hotel...in the bus station we think!! But this does not detract from how fabulous the city is smile

MaggieW Tue 23-Oct-12 19:13:59

We stayed at Pullman Skipper right by the beach and it was fantastic. Close to metro and a 15 min journey into main area. Hope you have a lovely time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now