Talk

Advanced search

Protective gear for kids when cycling

(4 Posts)
londondee Sat 13-Oct-12 22:40:34

Hi, not sure where to post this query, but does anyone have advice on rain protection to wear on the back of a bike? I cycle to take my daughter to school but not much fun in the rain... and her usual poncho or other rain items don't fit over cycle helmet. Thanks for suggestions!

MrsShrek3 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:43:35

How old is your dd? I used to tog mine up in normal warm gear and a big fluorescent poncho on top that fitted to the bicycle seat (it's just been rediscovered by dd this week!) I put their helmet on after it.

londondee Sun 14-Oct-12 17:20:57

HI there, she is 3. I had not considered that I might get her dressed first, with poncho on, and THEN put on the helmet, thanks for the tip. I have bought one of those rather expensive full-body cycle covers - £25 was the cheapest price I could find for it but not sure whether I should keep it as it seems so pricey for what it is.

MrsShrek3 Sun 14-Oct-12 22:12:24

Ahh we've all tried ramming the clothing over the helmet and almost pulling the kid's head off grin
Agree that the poncho things seem costly for what they are, it's a toss up whether you can find an alternative though. I tried an all in one ski suit at one point but ended up with a soggy (if warm) dd with a puddle on her lap blush so fwiw the expensive poncho thing much better than that as the rain just runs off. any joy on eBay and the like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now