Talk

Advanced search

Overnight ferry journey!

(6 Posts)
Bumpstart Fri 12-Oct-12 20:21:38

Very excited....... But hope we don't get sea sick. Any ideas?

AnitaBlake Fri 12-Oct-12 20:28:33

we could barely tell we were on a boat when we sailed Newcastle to Amsterdam. It was really quite pleasant.

The food onboard (and alcohol) are very expensive though. Its worth packing a supper and pre-booking the breakfast though. We bought coffee and pastries in one of the cafes on the morning before docking and it cost nearly as much as pre-booking breakfast would have!

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 12-Oct-12 22:11:29

We have done Portsmouth Le Havre get on go to bed get off 11pm Uk 7 am France and also Aberdeento Shetland many times either 12 or 14 hours depending whether you stop at Orkney or not. Get on wander round have dinner bed get up off if in Shetland or drive off and back on board for breakfast if in Aberdeen.

brightwell Fri 12-Oct-12 22:24:55

I'm not a good sea farer but I do use the overnight ferry to travel to France. I get laid down as soon as I can and always book sleeper seats for the return journey. I've never had a meal on the ferry as I don't like wandering about, but my dc always go and have something, no sea sickness for them!

Bumpstart Fri 12-Oct-12 22:35:29

Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds positive.

I used to sail well, but since dc, I get very car sick, so worried now! Was thinking of bringing food, as the prices on board, even for pre booking, seem ridiculous, and if we were to feel sick we might not want the full meal we had paid for, just a light snack.

ripsishere Sun 14-Oct-12 01:14:46

Not done an overnight one for aons. The Dunkerque to Dover route could be very choppy, however a man on the boat told me they had new stabilizers fitted in the last 15 years.
Not sure whether that's true but there was no discernible up and downess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now