Talk

Advanced search

Canaries or Egypt next Easter?

(7 Posts)
Fluffy1234 Mon 08-Oct-12 16:48:47

Just having to do a major rethink as have booked Mexico for next Easter but DS3 has just been diagnosed with childhood epilepsy and DH thinks it will be to hot for him. ( heat sense to trigger seizures) So we have come up with idea of changing holiday to either Canaries or Egypt. I have been to Egypt two Easters ago so know what to expect weather wise but the last time I went to the Canaries was over 20 years ago and I'm sure I remember it being warm and windy in February. Is it warm at Easter, are pools warm? Plus do any of you lovely people have recommendations for which hotel, island etc and also activities for when we are there. We have a big sightseeing holiday booked for next summer so after 10 days r&r in a family place and a few trips out. The trip is for DH, myself and DS's aged 12 and 14.
If we went for Egypt do you have any recommendations? Went to Makadi Bay last time so looking at Sharm this time as it seems to have flights on the right days. We like evening entertainment, a mixture of nationalities and hotel right near or on the beach.
Thankyou.

emma123456 Fri 19-Oct-12 15:57:32

Check out Sultan Garden in Sharm. we're going for the 3rd time tomorrow!

Fluffy1234 Sat 20-Oct-12 12:00:31

Thankyou but have just booked Nubian Village in Sharm which seems to fit the bill for pleasing the whole family.

MrsjREwing Sat 20-Oct-12 12:08:10

Hilton in Sharm was nice, the one across the road had a private beach.

We got caught in the ashcloud fiasco and spent several days the Royal Plaza paid for by the travel firm, beautiful hotel, dirty and rank food and odd guests from Russia, avoid.

noramum Mon 22-Oct-12 10:38:56

Friends have a time-share flat in Gran Canaria and report a mixture of weathers in April. Everything from a week of rain to mixed to total sunshine.

We went end of April to Teneriffe and had a mixture of weather but still warmish to do a lot outside.

Fluffy1234 Mon 22-Oct-12 17:16:38

Thankyou noramum, that's what I thought so have decided to go with Egypt.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 22-Oct-12 17:23:46

I was going to say canaries as there's much more to see and do.

I've been to sharm and guess there's still quite a bit to do. We went quad biking in the desert which was very, very good. With kids that age I'd recommend the aqua blu hotel. It's got a water park in the grounds which will keep the kids entertained for the duration. It's not on the beach but there's a free hourly shuttle mini bus to a beach owned by the hotel, so your all inclusive bands will get you food and drink still. It's only a ten minute walk. We got the bus the first time and then walked back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now