Talk

Advanced search

October half term - Majorca or the Algarve?

(9 Posts)
Itsnotahoover Tue 02-Oct-12 23:12:55

Any recommendations? Looking for all inclusive for myself, my friend, and my 6 year old ds, so prefer an apartment so as we aren't all sleeping in one bedroom! Looking to spend around £750 for all of us which seems doable looking on Teletext holidays etc. I've been to Majorca before, but never been to Portugal - what's the weather like etc in October?

Many thanks! smile

noramum Wed 03-Oct-12 07:09:36

I asked this question to a colleague who has a flat in Majorca.mhe said Octoberis the wettest months so if you want 1 week of at least dry I wouldn't go.

Friends went last year to the canary islands, would that be ok for you?

WildThongyoumakemyringsting Sat 06-Oct-12 17:08:54

We are going to the Algarve - went Oct last year too, the weather was beautiful and it wasn't busy either.

Hope you get something.

SecretSquirrels Sun 07-Oct-12 16:30:53

To be honest I wouldn't choose either in October. They are not winter destinations and if the weather is bad you could be very disappointed.
I have been to Majorca in October and it rained for a week.
It can also easily be cold and wet in the Algarve. In fact the sea there is chilly in August. Love it for the scenery though.

Bunbaker Mon 08-Oct-12 22:21:56

One of my frinds goe to the Algarve every October and she says it is usually cold and wet, and not even T-shirt weather.

magentastardust Tue 16-Oct-12 16:43:37

The last two Octobers in the Algarve have been really nice sunny weather-bit too nippy for swimming in the pool but warm enough to sit on balcony, beach etc .

CremeEggThief Tue 16-Oct-12 16:51:31

Well we're off to Majorca this October half-term! I know it's a bit of a risk, but the weather is bound to still be better than it is here in the North East.

If your budget stretches to it, Cyprus or the Canaries is more reliable.

SparkyTGD Tue 16-Oct-12 17:00:50

Algarve, definitely. Wouldn't go Majorca, too much chance of rain.

didldidi Tue 16-Oct-12 17:07:02

Weather is already a bit iffy in Faro according to the forecasts..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now