Talk

Advanced search

Sheraton hotel approach to interconnecting door and child safety

(7 Posts)
PapaWyllie Sun 30-Sep-12 20:50:39

Book Sheraton 5* Fuerteventura for the whole family 5 rooms. We need 2 to be interconnecting for the safety of the children so they cannot escape at night. Sheraton have charged me €420 extra over the two room charge for the door. Are Sheraton anti children? Do they not consider this an essential facility for children 4 and 2 to keep them safe.

Do you think Sheraton are acting fairly because they only told after I booked the five rooms. Their web site stated they had interconnecting rooms so I booked but their web site did not allow me to book interconnecting rooms. I spent a week on the phone and internet to get them to guarantee the interconnecting door for an additional fee of €420. Did the door even cost that much?
Have Sheraton acted fairly. Thanks

Hassled Sun 30-Sep-12 20:55:03

We've booked rooms with an interconnecting door at both Radissons and Park Plazas before without any additional charge whatsoever. They're taking the piss.

It does annoy me though that you can't sort the interconnecting thing at the time of online booking, though. If you don't want a family room but equally don't want your kids down the corridor somewhere, they are invaluable - I wish they were promoted more.

givemeaclue Mon 01-Oct-12 08:28:56

I have stayed at sheraton fuerteventura. Very family friendly. However I have found most hotel and holiday websites are difficult for inter connection roms so I book phone now. Went with sovereign to this hotel. are you full or half board? Hotel is expensive for eating we went full board was worth it.

Have a great time

givemeaclue Mon 01-Oct-12 08:30:59

Also, most websites don't allow you to select inter connection , sounds like you, original booking was for 5 rooms , hotels should sort this out! It's very common!

3littlefrogs Mon 01-Oct-12 08:31:36

We have always booked interconnecting rooms at various hotels, and have never been charged extra.

The extra charge is outrageous IMO.

PapaWyllie Mon 01-Oct-12 11:05:59

Thanks for all your comments. We should campaign for free interconnecting rooms when Children are staying. Their safety should come before profit.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Mon 01-Oct-12 11:09:18

We offer interconnecting rooms at our Hotel at no extra charge. I wouldnt dream of charging! Madness and cheek of them shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now