Advanced search

Q about railcards

(2 Posts)
emess Fri 28-Sep-12 21:50:13

DD is a student, currently abroad (in EU). She will be coming home for Christmas and will need to travel a distance by train (return). She doesn't currently have a UK 16-25 railcard (she is 21).

1. Can I buy her one and send it out to her? (I think not, as normally you have to take photo-id, driving licence/passport etc).
2. Is there an alternative rail discount card that she can buy from where she is? (I'm sure there used to be, when I was her age, about 100 years ago).

(Sorry for such a dull question - everyone else here seems to have questions about Las Vegas/NYC/Disney/where to spend Christmas!!)

exexpat Sat 29-Sep-12 22:06:55

She should be able to apply for one online herself here - I think you just need to upload a digital photo and input your passport number. It's possible they won't post them to non-UK addresses, so she may need to give your home address and you post it on to her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: