Talk

Advanced search

which of these portugese resorts would you choose?

(3 Posts)
dreamingofsun Mon 24-Sep-12 14:47:27

struggling to agree which is best - olhos d'agua, gale, or carvoeria. Not too blackpoolish or soulless. A choice of restaurants/bars with decent quality food, good beach, supermarket. Going in school summer hols with teenagers. To give you an idea - we liked the tavira/cabanas area and also Lagos.

What are the pros and cons of each please? I also liked the look of Ferraguido but can't find any suitable accommodation there. I'm struggling a bit with Olhos too.

Sunnytimescoming Mon 24-Sep-12 19:46:30

We went to Carvoeiro for a week last October. It was a bit quiet for our 14yo luckily we had a car so went to different beaches and the waterpark too. It is lovely though, def not Blackpoolish. Good restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets. Havent been to the others you mention. We're off to Altura soon - near Tavira I think. Hope you get something.

dreamingofsun Mon 24-Sep-12 19:53:54

thanks sunny. cabanas is lovely though they had the forest fires when we were there. felt sorry for the locals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now