Talk

Advanced search

Capetown flights

(7 Posts)
irregularegular Mon 24-Sep-12 09:28:35

I'm looking at the possibility of going to Capetown next Easter. I've been looking at flights for about a month and they haven't fallen below 800. Mostly more like 900 plus. We went at the same time a couple of years ago and I think we paid 650 for an adult. We bought them in late December.

Do you think flights are likely to get much cheaper again? Or are the just more expensive now?

If that's the price we're not going an I'm going to book something in the Caribbean instead!

Fluffy1234 Mon 24-Sep-12 12:34:22

Difficult to say.
What I found when I went with my DC 2 years ago was it was actually cheaper to book a package with Virgin in a suite in a hotel in Bantry Bay with breakfast and flights than to just book 4 flights. You could look at that option depending on what your plans are when you get there.

irregularegular Mon 24-Sep-12 12:44:07

Really? Hmmm. I'll look at that.

We'd stay in my parents' holiday house but if it's cheaper to book a package then that's worth considering.

tzella Wed 26-Sep-12 13:11:13

26MAR-9APR South African via Johannesburg are around £700 for economy. Direct BA is £1090(!)

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 26-Sep-12 13:41:18

SAA have now ceased their direct flight to Capetown due to lack of demand.

beanandspud Wed 26-Sep-12 22:58:49

Have you looked at KLM via Amsterdam? They have some flights from £650 at the moment but it depends where in the uk you are flying from.

BlingBubbles Wed 26-Sep-12 23:01:38

It might be cheaper to fly to joburg and then connect to Cape Town, we normally pay £700ish and we go nearly every Easter. We never fly BA or SAAB, normally fly air France/klm.

We will be going next Easter as well so better start looking for flights smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now