Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Lanzarote in July?

(5 Posts)
curiouscate Sun 23-Sep-12 22:41:59

Or any of the other canary islands, and if so what was the temperature like. We are looking for a holiday destination for next year and this was suggested. DD and I are both fairskinned and burn easily, also I like to get out and about on a holiday and that is impossible when the temperature approaches 26 or more.

So will it be too hot and uncomfortable at the beginning of July?
Thanks

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Sun 23-Sep-12 22:51:19

We went a couple of years ago in July. All fair skinned but no problems, we just made sure dc had those uv suits on and spf 50 sun cream.
It was boiling got but with a lovely strong breeze so quite comfortable most of the time. You have to be aware though that just because it's windy the sun is still very strong.
We made sure we went somewhere shaded for a couple of hours midday for a break too.
There were a lot of people though who spent the whole day in the sun and after a couple of days had some seriously painful sunburn. Can't have been pleasant but it didn't make them sit in the shade.

gordonpym Mon 24-Sep-12 14:17:46

It will be - if you're lucky - 26 at night.
THe Canaries or Spain in general is quite hot during July and August. Maybe France or Italy?

SoldeInvierno Wed 26-Sep-12 18:47:32

I went a couple of years ago. It was hot during the day, but always with a breeze (sometimes even windy), which made it more bearable. At night the breeze continued and I needed a cardigan almost every night.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 27-Sep-12 11:16:48

We went a few years ago and it was hot most of the time but it was always breezy so the heat wasn't unbearable. It was also cloudy a few days. I'm sure it was more than 26 most days though.

The evenings were a bit chilly because of the wind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now