Talk

Advanced search

What to have instead of sweets on take off

(7 Posts)
Greekstartedit Sun 23-Sep-12 16:40:55

I am due to fly with my 6 year old. She has been banned sweets by dentist as she has a problem with her teeth.

What can I give her on take off and landing for her ears?

nextphase Sun 23-Sep-12 17:05:12

drink with a straw?

noramum Sun 23-Sep-12 18:18:33

Water in a sports bottle

Breadsticks to chew

Rhienne Sun 23-Sep-12 18:27:09

It's the sucking/swallowing that clears your ears. Can you find some sort of swizzle stick that she can suck on? Like kids who still suck on the lollipop stick once the lolliepop is finished.

Maybe ask the flight hostess if they have ice?

For myself, I've found that yawning is the best thing. Don't know if it will work for her.

Greekstartedit Sun 23-Sep-12 19:05:20

Brilliant thanks for the ideas.
I am stressing about flying with her as it will be 1st time I have travelled alone with a child do far.
I gave to get connecting flights and due to circumstances I will be quite emotional so need things to be easy without small ine adding to my stress. smile

bonzo77 Sun 23-Sep-12 23:03:16

Sugar free sweets, widely available, though laxative in excess! Sugar free gum. Not all kids suffer with their ears. I remember it being awful as a child but DS aged 2.6 was fine when we last flew.

Bunbaker Thu 04-Oct-12 12:56:17

Sugar free chewing gum. The chewing action plus swallowing saliva is far more effective than anything else I have tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now