Talk

Advanced search

Travel Agent here!

(33 Posts)
Ju1es22 Thu 06-Sep-12 17:32:11

Hi ladies

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Julie my baby girl Eva is 10 days old and I'm obviously off on maternity leave at the moment!

I've been a travel agent for 9 years now, I've worked at Going Places now Thomas Cook (for 4 years) and now work for a family run independent travel agency (been there 5 years now!)

I'll have a bit of time on my hands while off on mat leave not going back until April/May time, feel free to email if you want some advice or travel tips:-)

happyclapper Fri 07-Sep-12 00:23:45

Wow, you are amazing to br even thinking straight eith such a young baby but thanks for thr offer.
I havr already posted regarding DLP so any tips you can offer eould be great.
Saw you recommend the Newport hotel.
Do you think best to fly or do Eurostar? We live in the midlands.
Also looking for an AI for the summer near a town snd a sandy beach with a few slides in the pool/small water park on site.
Not as easy to find as I thought. Would prefer Greece or Turkey.
Wow, my own private travel agent!
Thank-you.

Ju1es22 Fri 07-Sep-12 06:47:52

Thank you she's a good baby so far she slept from 2 - 6 this morning after a feed!

Well may swell use me expertise or I'll loose it by the time I go back lol!

We stayed at Newport Bay a few years ago now its clean, good breakfast, great location and Disney characters come for pictures with the kids in the lobby every day. If you can afford upgrade to a admiral room:-)

Ju1es22 Fri 07-Sep-12 06:54:44

I'd recommend you fly from Birmingham with air France they do agree shuttle to Disney from the airport:-) Book with Disney direct ax a package (that's what I do at work!)

Have you looked at Key camp for your other Hol, they do some Fab sites with lovely caravans, or super tents and they've usually got swimming pools some have kids clubs, close to beach etc! They're quite reasonable and will book the whole package whether its ferry or flying (which is much safer in case anyone goes bang by the way your covered under a package by abta and atol!)

happyclapper Fri 07-Sep-12 11:14:37

Thanks, will check Key camp out. Hadn't thought of that.
Definately think we will try and fly to DLP. Just found some flights for £482 for us all with air France which I think is quite good. Didn'y know they did shuttle...good tip.
Thanks again.

easylife73 Sun 09-Sep-12 09:08:28

Hi Julie
Congratulations on your new baby!
Do you know, out of interest, whether there are any places in France that do All Inclusive deals for the food? Also do you have any recommendations for very reasonably priced hotels in Paris?
Thanks!

marriednotdead Sun 09-Sep-12 09:40:38

Hi Julie, congratulations on your new arrival and thank you for offering to share your expertise smile If you want any info about bra fitting, I can help there!

A question for you then. We've been to Turkey a couple of times and it suits us well. Two teen boys to keep busy. We've been to Olu Deniz, Hisaronu (Blackpool!) and somewhere that had a huge hillside waterpark which was fab. We'd like to go back next summer but somewhere a bit nicer than before and closer to the beach/waterparks/amenities. We go AI but would like to find somewhere not so full of lager louts! Where would you suggest?

Ju1es22 Sun 09-Sep-12 13:23:40

Hi marriednotdead love the name!

Turkey's beautiful and been so popular the last few years:-)

There's a few places I can recommend but need to know what kind of standard of hotel you usually stay in, and how much you usually spend you can always email on here that info!

How long do you usually go for, how many of you are there and ages again you email if you prefer, what facilities would you want onsite or nearby too? Do you usually have one room?

Thomas Cook style have some beautiful hotel's and are good 4/5* standard and tend to attract (I'm not as snob far from it) a nicer clientele if you know what I mean;)

marriednotdead Sun 09-Sep-12 19:12:56

Hi Julie, thanks for that. We need a double and a triple room (2 16yos share with 'uncle'. Normally do a week but aiming for 10-14 days next year. 4* but would love to afford 5*- maybe. Have been tied to six weeks holidays but hoping to do early July 2013 once the boys exams are done.

Budget is up to £700 each I guess (gulp).

Any chance?!

TIA

marriednotdead Sun 09-Sep-12 19:30:29

Thomas Cook sounds more up my street then, I was trying to word it carefully but you got my drift! grin

easylife73 Mon 10-Sep-12 08:01:56

Hi Julie - any response for me? I think my message got lost in the middle of the last few!

Ju1es22 Mon 10-Sep-12 08:20:54

Oh sorry easy life didn't see your post:-) There's not any all inclusive hotel's that I know of if I'm honest, they tend to be B & B's and self catering properties!

For Paris I recommend the Roma Sacre Coure its a great location, reasonable price and a 3* some of the very cheap 2*'s you see online are very basic!

Hope this helps:-)

To other ladies wanting advice may be best emailing me as I don't always have chance to check on here with a new baby:-)

mumnosGOLDisbest Mon 10-Sep-12 08:31:12

Hi and congratulations! Eva's beautiful name.

I have a question if you don't mind. We live here but the inlaws are abroad. We want to meet up for a holiday in Turkey next year. We want to sort the accomodation so inlaws just arrange flights and meet us there. The cheapest way for us would be a package holiday but could we pay for an extra room without flights? Do you think it would be easier to rent a villa and do fl

mumnosGOLDisbest Mon 10-Sep-12 08:33:09

Sorry baby pressed post! Flights seperately?
You are really good doiing this.Dd is 7 months and my brain still isn't functioning?
TIA

Ju1es22 Mon 10-Sep-12 08:33:46

Marriednotdead look at The Paloma Renaissance Antalya, Sentido Perissa Side, Lykia World Olu Deniz, ideal prime beach Marmaris, and IC Hotel Green beach Lara Beach they're all Thomas Cook Style!

There's water parks in Marmaris, Lykia has its own water park, Side, and there's the biggest water park in Turkey at The hotel Dedeman Resort Antalya which can easily reached by dolmus from Lara Beach!

Hope this helps:-)

Ju1es22 Mon 10-Sep-12 08:38:35

Hello your welcome I enjoy it, and I need to keep using g it or I'll forget everything by April time!

Its definitely cheaper to book a package flight only to Turkey's stupid money! Thomas Cook or Cosmos Holidays should be able to book you a package and an extra room seperately at the same hotel hopefully.

Julie xx

Ju1es22 Mon 10-Sep-12 08:39:20

Rather than flight only I meant to say!!

marriednotdead Mon 10-Sep-12 08:40:20

Thanks so much, will have a look when I'm off tomorrow thanks

mindermummy Mon 10-Sep-12 09:56:07

Hi there. Just came on here in the hope of finding a travel agent!!!

Wonder if u could advise me....

Want to book something for next year with another family, pref a villa. Do ALL villas charge u for 2 weeks if u want 10 days???

Also whats some good recommmedations for the least amount of flying time (i hate flying!!!).....good for families, but not toooooo busy, with nice villas around.
????
Any suggestions for me to look would be great. smile

mumnosGOLDisbest Mon 10-Sep-12 13:36:27

Thanks so much Jules x

easylife73 Mon 10-Sep-12 16:33:51

Thanks Julie, I'll have a look at the Paris hotel in a mo! Didn't think there'd be any AI in France...we've just come back from 2 weeks SC in a great house but went with my parents, sister & BIL and the stress over the food was amazing...we have a vegetarian, a muslim, one who hates most food, a very picky one and 2 typically picky kids, so thought if we could do France but with AI it would take away the stress (I love France.....) Never mind!

Ju1es22 Mon 10-Sep-12 21:59:23

Hi mindermummy:-)

I recommend a villa in Menorca or the Algarve coast of Portugal only 2 hours flying time! You should be able to get a villa for 10 days Cosmos villas and Thomas Cook style villas definatley do as I've booked people with them this year:-)

They offer villas with pools on complexes and completely on there own too!

Have a look online or pop into your local travel agent shame I'm not working would have so e good enquiries here!

mindermummy Tue 11-Sep-12 09:23:41

oh wow...thanks for info...i like the sound of the villa on own but in a complex......do u get ur own pool thou too????

will have a look at those too.
what parts of Menorca...resorts would u recommend?? (somewhere not too busy...but with enough restaurants and bars...)..i have just come back from Carvoireo in portugal and LOVED it there...perfect...not too busy, but not quite either.
xxx

pinguina Tue 11-Sep-12 11:19:35

Hello and thank you for doing this - much appreciated! And if in return you want advice re baby, don't hesitate to ask!
My question is for a week break during October's half term. I looked up Center Parcs but it is ridiculously pricey - any good alternative (clean, fun, not too far?)
THANK YOU!

Ju1es22 Tue 11-Sep-12 15:16:01

Mindermummy yes most have they're own pool, your just close to other Villa's with pool's!

I recommend Binibeca quiet with a handful of bars and restaurants and Carla Blanes if you want more to do ie a water park!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now