Talk

Advanced search

Easyjet booking seperate infant seat- process?

(7 Posts)
Staryeyed Sat 28-Jul-12 20:43:12

i have phoned Easyjet twice today to book my infant daughter a seperate seat as easyjets website says i can not do this online.

The first very friendly Easyjet rep said i can book a child seat for my daughter. I queried that as Easyjet's own website says you must phone. He said "there are ways round that".

I tried to book this way and realised i couldnt and after researching found that Easyjet wont accept infants booked as children anyway.

Phone call number 2. Explained phonecall number one. He says no you book as an adult then call to change details. I asked if this incurs a cost he says no. Im not sure as that is contradicting the website.

What is the correct process from someone who has done this so if I need phone again i wont be fobbed off.

Also carseats- has anyone had trouble using theirs on an Easyjet flight.?

scotlass Sat 28-Jul-12 20:48:33

Car seats go in the hold free as luggage. Could be wrong but I don't think they're allowed on flight. Even if you've booked another seat your Dc will have to sit on your knee for takeoff and landing using lap belt if unable to sit unsupported.

Happy for someone else to correct me if I'm wrong.

Rosa Sat 28-Jul-12 20:57:48

I always booked a normal seat as a child then checked in as normal, saying x is an infant but have the seat. They gave a boarding card as normal. But I always told the cabin crew she is an infant with a seat- so when they did the head count and infant was strapped to me the numbers balanced out. A couple of times I had grumpy passengers saying ' ohh she dumped her infant on the seat so nobody could sit on it' but then who would choose to sit next to a wriggly infant anyway??? As i travelled with 2 little ones I found the seat for the infant a godsend as I too the aisle and they had the 2 others.

Rosa Sat 28-Jul-12 20:59:08

The first time I emailed them saying I have booked on x date this is my refernce and child x is actually i fant x. They never replied.

Staryeyed Sat 28-Jul-12 21:06:54

Carseats can go on the plane we really need to do it this way as I have wriggly children.

Staryeyed Sun 29-Jul-12 18:46:19

I still dont know how to do it. I searched the internet and found conflicting info about how to book her and whether we will be able to fit her carseat.

It says on the website you cant book her on as a child.

Ella62 Sun 26-Mar-17 12:14:31

Hi Staryeyed
How did you book your infant in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now