Talk

Advanced search

Airport parking Gatwick North

(17 Posts)
hollyround Mon 30-Apr-12 20:33:46

We are off on holiday in May and need to book our car parking. Does anyone have any reccomendations? We are flying from Gatwick North and we are flying out in the afternoon but arriving back at 2am!!
Last year we parked at the airport and it was just a short walk which was great but the valet parking seems too be coming out cheaper??
If anyone can help that would be great! : )

doradoo Mon 30-Apr-12 21:12:53

We used valet parking at Gatwick last time we flew from there - was FAB an also cheaper than the car parks.

You drive to departures - hand over your keys and go - then someone meets you at arrivals at your pre arranged time with your car.

So much easier! And cheaper too....!

hollyround Mon 30-Apr-12 21:24:21

Oh that sounds great, can you remember which company you used as there seem to be a few?!

Isityouorme Tue 01-May-12 06:33:35

We used the normal car park and paid in advance. Much cheaper than expected. There s no way I am giving my keys away to a company.

LtEveDallas Tue 01-May-12 06:41:11

If you are getting back at 2am have you thought about a hotel with parking? We have the same issue in Jul and have booked 15 days parking with an overnight at the end (plus breakfast!) for under £100. We've also done it before when our flight out has been early morning.

LtEveDallas Tue 01-May-12 06:46:27

(that was for 3 people BTW at a place 4 mins from N Terminal)

oohermrs Tue 01-May-12 06:48:31

We did the valet parking at the north terminal. It was so stress free as it literally right next to the terminal. Booked it through www.holidayextras.co.uk. Which was slightly cheaper than booking direct.

doradoo Tue 01-May-12 07:13:45

Think we used skypark secure? Can't remember but we had no probs with them and my sis always uses them whe she goes away (alot)

hollyround Tue 01-May-12 08:47:43

Does anyone know if there is a car park on site that you can walk to and from the terminal? Last year we flew from south terminal and there was one as definately don't wan't the hassle of a bus but still not 100% sure about valet parking having watched a programme on the tv last year?!!
I don't think we want to stay in a hotel as rather get back to our own beds and my husband is happy to drive!

SoldeInvierno Tue 01-May-12 09:12:48

I always use valet parking and have never had any problems. I used to check the mileage before I handed the key and on the way back, but I don't bother any more.

LtEveDallas Tue 01-May-12 09:30:18

I like the hotel thing as I worry about me/DH falling asleep at the wheel, especially if there are any delays. But each to their own smile

The long stay parking at Gatwick North is about a 10 min free bus ride from the Terminal and will cost you around £60 for a week.

The closer Car Park (a walk to the terminal) will cost you about £80 for a week.

Just google Gatwick North Parking

DaftMaul Tue 01-May-12 09:54:28

We have used 'meet and greet' at Gatwick. It was so easy and we would definitely use it again. (my bil has always used it and goes away a few times a year). I was very reassured by our car being driven off by middle aged men ad women i.e. no 'boy racers'!

Purple Parking gives a good break down of prices from different companies. I may have a code for money off if you want to pm me, I will look through my deleted emails.

DaftMaul Tue 01-May-12 10:19:35

I can't find an up to date Purple Parking email but do have a Gatwick Reservations 20% off Valet Parking.

Book through Gatwick Reservations and quote 'GATRES20'. Hope that works for anyone trying. If not, pm me your email address and I will forward the email.

Have a good trip op!

DaftMaul Tue 01-May-12 17:25:21

I've just received a Purple Parking email and have forwarded that too op!

Hope it helps!

hollyround Tue 01-May-12 19:05:16

All booked thankyou so much everyone, especially DaftMaul x

DaftMaul Tue 01-May-12 19:38:24

My pleasure smile

infojunkie Fri 02-Jan-15 12:45:49

If someone is still looking for a parking service, <a href="http://www.easyparkinggatwick.co.uk/">easyparking</a> is the best solution. Scam proof service and secure vehicle confinement compound and they take the full responsibility of your vehicles security.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now