Talk

Advanced search

Travelling by plane with 4 months old baby (from London City airport with AirFrance)

(4 Posts)
futuramamma Fri 21-Oct-11 16:52:55

Hi everyone,
I have planned to travel to Italy to see my family with my 4 months old son in November.
My husband cannot come due to work and I am terrified at the idea of travelling alone with my baby.
I have booked a flight with Airfrance from London City Airport (thought if airport is small it will be a bit easier) and I was wondering if there is anyone out there who had any experience of travelling from this airport and with AirFrance with infants.
Thanks

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

futuramamma Sun 23-Oct-11 10:43:46

thanks ..I am actually bottle feeding now as I had to stop breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago...I am aware of the restrictions on liquids but I have heard if you bring formula in cartons they normally let you go through after making you taste one (yuck)..would be good to hear from anyone who had travelled with a bottlefed infant...but your message was very reassuring :-)

Marenostrum Mon 24-Oct-11 18:43:22

City has a small check-in hall right at the entrance and the departure area past security is quite small as well with loads of seats so I do find it easier to travel from there with young children/babies. Think about whether you want to use just a baby-carrier once you have checked your luggage in or if you want to keep your pushchair (or pushchair frame + baby carseat which is the best option while travelling, you can use the carseat at your destination), you can do both. Air France flight attendants are generally nice with babies, but you could get the odd grumpy one! As for security, you are allowed to carry liquids/food for babies and I don't think they will even make you taste baby formula as it would spoil it for later. Another option is to carry only the formula powder and buy a bottle of water once you are in the departure hall. From memory, security at City are quite sensible so don't worry too much. Oh, and presonnally, I find travelling alone with a baby easier than with a toddler!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now