Talk

Advanced search

EASY JET BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE

(10 Posts)
countydurhamlass Fri 21-Oct-11 16:39:59

i am due to fly with easyjet on Sunday, i have never used them before and am wondering if anyone who has can answer my question.

we have 60kg baggage allowance (2 adults and 1 child). we won't use all of this but we will go over 40kg. Online it says to trigger the baggage allowance of 20kg per person there must be a minimum of one bag a person?

i am wanting to take 2 suitcases instead of 3, so that both bags are about 25kg eachish (no more). Has anyone done this or do i have to take 3 to get my full allowance?

thanks, sorry if i sound a bit thick but never had this issue before

Mutt Fri 21-Oct-11 16:42:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hassled Fri 21-Oct-11 16:44:33

The site says:
Each passenger who pays for a hold bag can take up to 20kg of luggage. This weight allowance applies to the passenger rather than to the bag so purchasing extra bags is possible but will not increase the weight allowance. If you think you’ll need to take a little bit more with you, you can buy some extra weight – it’s best to do this online before you fly as the online charges are considerably cheaper than at the airport.

If you are travelling in a group of two or more you may spread the weight of your luggage across the bags. For example, two passengers with a bag each may carry 20kg of luggage each, but if you wish to put 18kg in one bag and 22kg in the other, then that’s okay with us. You’ve just got to remember that you cannot exceed the 40kg total weight allowance without paying additional charges.

countydurhamlass Fri 21-Oct-11 16:45:15

just found a telephone number and rang them and the guy said i could split the weight between 2 as long as neither are over 32kg,

countydurhamlass Fri 21-Oct-11 16:45:57

thanks for your quick replies guys

nancy75 Fri 21-Oct-11 16:48:07

countydurhamlass- we travelled with them recently, what the guy told you is wrong, or he didn't understand what you were asking. If you only pay for 2 cases you only get 40kg. 3 of us travelled and I though the same as you , we got charged a fortune for excess baggage.

Mutt Fri 21-Oct-11 16:48:59

Mutt Fri 21-Oct-11 16:50:55

countydurhamlass Fri 21-Oct-11 17:24:40

i have paid for three peoples baggage, (3 x 20kg), i booked the hol through hays travel and they confirmed that i had 20kg each person. if i apply what hassle said then i would be ok to split between 2 as i am not going over my 60kg allowance, i think i will risk it and hope for the best, i got an email confirming i had rang easy jet so i will print it off and take it with me if in case i need it, it doesnt say why i rang just that my queried was logged under a reference number so it should be on their system somewhere

thanks again

Mutt Fri 21-Oct-11 17:29:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now