Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

General tips for where to stay north of France with a 17 month old

(6 Posts)
LizziePizzie Mon 17-Oct-11 13:30:26

Hubby and I are planing a weeks holiday in the north of France in November. I know the weather is going to be cold and wet so I am looking for things to do and a good cheap place to stay. What to peole do on holiday when the babies are asleep? Where are the best places to stay? Where are the best places to go? I want to go to Nausicaa in Boulogne as I think she would love that. All advice suggestions welcome.

Putrifyno Mon 17-Oct-11 13:33:48

Will you have a car? What is your budget? Hotel vs self catering...?

LizziePizzie Mon 17-Oct-11 13:36:38

Sorry - yes we have a car and budget is reasonable at £75 a night, but would like to only spend £50. I don't know about hotel v's self catering, depends on price. Self catering does have its benefits. both?

Putrifyno Mon 17-Oct-11 13:48:46

I would stay here at Sunparks

Not France but Belgium but only 30 mins from Calais, less from Dunkirk. A week mid November (with young family discount) comes in about 420 euros by my reckoning. We have stayed there. The pool complex is fabulous, there are restaurants, shops and an big indoor playground. The villas have fireplaces, and you get the BBC on tv.

Easy to get to Bruges, Boulogne, Calais, Lille. If you go towards the end of November some of the Xmas markets might have started.

Putrifyno Mon 17-Oct-11 13:50:24

Baby equipment is provided.

LizziePizzie Tue 18-Oct-11 12:47:54

I checked out the website - looks amazing.

Are there any other suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now