Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a 4 bed villa in Mallorca?

(7 Posts)
snail1973 Mon 17-Oct-11 13:16:24

I am trawling through owners direct etc and there are hundreds to choose from, so just wondering if anyone had any good recommendations. Thanks smile

saladfingers Mon 17-Oct-11 13:52:13

Watching with interest.When are you hoping to go and who with?We'd like to do something similiar with MIL/FIL.Couldnt face flying on our own with 4 DC as much as anything! Plus they are great company and fab with the DGC.We'd ideally like a pool that was safe too.

snail1973 Mon 17-Oct-11 17:34:50

We are going with some friends and their children for a week or 2 in the summer hols next year. So 2 x couples and 4 x kids ages 6 yrs and under. I'm sure someone must have some recommendations... I am thinking the best places probably get booked up well in advance hence my forward planning

saladfingers Wed 19-Oct-11 09:51:10

bump

GingerPunch Sat 22-Oct-11 12:05:04

I wish I could recommend a reputable villa company, but from my own personal experience I can't, we rented what we thought was a high standard, clean, secure villa in Majorca, the company's villa brochure looked amazing, it was difficult to decide which villa to choose. When we saw our villa our hearts sank, dark, dismal, grubby, unmade road, derelict extension, etc. etc, and a burglars paradise! What the villa companies will not voluntarily tell you is which of their villas have been targeted. Why would they they want your business and do not care if you are burgled, they take no reponsibility (in the small print), if you book privately you may be worse off, no reps around. As for the police, they dont speak english. Since our trip I have heard other horror stories, worse than mine. Having forked out well over £3500 on the flights & villa and endured the worst holiday ever my advice to anyone wishing to rent a villa would be to make sure that there is always someone at the property. Hotels in future for me.

GingerPunch Sat 22-Oct-11 12:09:14

saladfingers, we found a dead rat in our pool one morning, the villa company could'nt be bothered to come out and check the safety of the water, there was no pool cover at the property which would have stopped this happening. I felt uneasy going in the pool after this, apparently pools should be drained and cleaned when this type of thing happens. Also high chlorine levels can be dangerous, you just assume everything is safe when you are on holiday!

saladfingers Sat 22-Oct-11 21:38:24

What a nightmare of a holiday! Think you might have just put me off.We stayed in a lovely gite in France last year with a gated pool. I would have liked a pool alarm too but just for children falling in. Hadn't considered rats would be a problem.shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now