Talk

Advanced search

Best european mobile home site for pre schoolers?

(6 Posts)
krisskross Fri 14-Oct-11 19:59:18

thinking of eurocamp style hols, suggestions welcomed. espec italy and france

thanks!

krisskross Fri 14-Oct-11 20:31:39

anyone.........

dreamingofsun Sat 15-Oct-11 09:39:56

its a fab holiday with children, we've done it for years when they were younger. before you ask for help i think you need to be a bit more specific on your requirements. Do you want to fly/drive or cross on the ferry. which is more important - minimum driving or reliable weather? do you like busy sites with lots of facilities, or quiet ones with fewer? Near the beach?

I could tell you all about brittany, but i'm thinking that you've put italy down so that probably means you want it really hot?

I always look at the pitch sizes as i don't like being squashed in. ukcampsites.co.uk have reviews of ones in france

Putrifyno Sun 16-Oct-11 09:05:39

We went to Union Lido in Italy with Canvas when dd was 2.5. Twas fab! 2 pool complexes, playground, baby disco in the evenings, great beach. There was so much to do we never left the site. Also, Parc Albatros in Tuscany has a fab pool complex for little ones. Siblu's Lac Des Reves is also nice for little ones. I have seen several recommendations for Portofelice so that is on my shortlist for next year.

krisskross Sun 16-Oct-11 19:41:24

thanks everyone. we have been on two or three and were quite surprised by variation in sites. we would like a good pool with lots to do for little ones (3-5) mini disco for them, reasonable restaurant/ bar area and within travelling distance to town and ideally beach too. thanks!

dreamingofsun Sun 16-Oct-11 21:17:46

les deux fontaines, grande metairie, dol de bretagne; la garangeoire (though not that keen on north vendee). rest in brittany - we liked south brittany best as pretty and weather hotter than north

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now